Luis Aragon

Greetings from Costa Rica. I was born here and have lived here most of my life.

As a university professor I frequently encounter challenges and questions, and I want to be prepared to understand where other people are coming from. That encouraged me to apply for the Emerging Apologists Program and to RZIMConnect

I trust that my experiences through the interaction with students and faculty at our secular campus will contribute ideas and inspiration to the group.

7 Likes

¡Bienvenido! What an excellent introduction. Warm greetings from RZIM in Spain, Fundación RZ. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Gracias Lisi

1 Like

Welcome @ARAGONAGORAS, so wonderful to have you join this format. Can you share with us some of the most difficult challenges and questions you encounter? I am sure we can learn a great deal from you. Looking forward to your insight.

3 Likes

The major difficulty I encounter is not related to apologetics or the faith, but to practical life: I have to work very hard to find the time to read and be formed (beyond my regular prayer time each day). As an example, I joined this forum 9 days ago, and it is not until now that I carve out some time to participate.

Other challenges: in Costa Rica and our university, Christians are under a very strict, even unfair scrutiny by the public, the media, colleagues and even friends. Many people prefer to maintain a low profile, to"not make waves", in order not to fall under this harsh scrutiny. Non-christians have no problem finding all kinds of imperfections in our lives, and are not shy to proclaim those issues as their excuse not to believe in Christianity.

Luis Aragon

2 Likes