Luke Shori - malaysia

Hello, Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I am truly blessed and humbled to be able to join this community and hope to learn from all of you.
I am from Malaysia and I am searching to learn more on how to approach apologetics with Muslims.
I love the methodology approach here at RZIM, putting the Questioner first and understanding and creating a relationship first.
Looking forward to sharing my own experience in this Muslim dominated nation. I grew up in the West and Eastern approach is extremely different and the cultural divide has to be approached with great humility and gentleness.
Thank you and God Bless

4 Likes

Hi @LukeShori,

We are honored to have you join us. We need and value the localized context for understanding the questioner. Your life experience and training will be invaluable to us as we seek to lovingly serve those coming from a Muslim context.

For now, you may find some of the resources in #ask-rzim:UAI-Online to be of interest.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Sir,

I look forward to learning more from the eyes of witness from that region.

Thank you and God Bless

2 Likes

So good to have you joining connect @LukeShori. I love the global connection here. Thank you for taking on your role and learning how to interact with muslims in providing for the hope that you have. I don’t know if you have taken any of the courses yet but the islam elective is an awesome one. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your message and blessed to see your reply. I am actually in the midst of the Islamic elective course with RZIM. It is a wonderful course that gives great insight into the Muslim mindset. Looking forward to interacting more with everyone.

God Bless

For Christ

Luke

3 Likes

That is awesome. I was never challenged like you are. In central Michigan there are not a lot of Muslims. I loved the elective though, and now i love my Muslim acquaintances and I have a basic understanding of their faith that I can have a conversation. In your position, you are perfectly situated. I just prayed that your knowledge would grow greater, your heart open for all those you encounter, and that your mind be blessed with recall and articulation – all so that when you are in conversation you will have the right thing to say and the person of Jesus Christ be glorified. God bless! :email: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you Scott for your message.
The most important thing I have found when talking to Muslims is to never question their faith. Even when they are looking for answers to life. Their individuality is linked deeply in their religion. I have found that talking about life in general always helps open up avenues that we can cordially search for answers.

The current situation with the pandemic has brought many of them to chat and talk about life after the pandemic. Their fears and how to face them. They have a very deliberate quote “Inshallah”, by “God Willing”. which many now have confessed doesn’t provide comfort anymore in their lives when they have to worry about their children’s future etc.

So these opportunities in a conversation help open up topics that help unfold opportunities in pursuing answers to life questions together.

I had one, now very close Muslim friend asking me how I can smile every day with so many uncertainties in the future. I just answered God. That opened up a brand new relationship between us. I always allowed him to post the questions and I gave my answers. One single question would last for days, discussing and talking about it. This ultimately lead to him asking for a copy of God’s word, which I handed him 2 weeks ago. I have seen the change in his life. He seems a lot more relaxed, less stressed and always with a smile.

I know love and compassion is the foundation upon which we can open their hearts. I am so excited and thrilled to be here to share with friends across the globe.

Thank you Scott. and God Bless

8 Likes

Dear Luke I am very much encouraged to hear that how God used you …
Praise God :pray::pray::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thank you for your evangelism. I have just said a prayer for your friend. I hope you find the presence of Christ in his life and has that peace that surpasses all understanding. You are definitely placed in his life on purpose. Thank you for the way that you present the person of Jesus.

3 Likes

Thank you Scott and Levi.
Your prayers are truly appreciated and gives me much strength to hold on to.

God Bless

3 Likes

Hello Luke, many have welcomed you and I as well look forward to further conversations here on connect. That initial first encounter, and establishment of a raport with anyone helps to move each person to a more comfortable level of sharing. It is a Christ quality I strive for and have seen in many here, and for sure in the times i have watched Ravi. Blessings from USA
Mike

4 Likes

Hi Mike. Great to meet you. Looking forward to sharing with everyone here. Ravi is truly an example. Not only did he preach God’s word but he lived it.
God Bless

4 Likes

Hi Luke! I was just watching an apologist on YouTube who’s content may interest you as it’s all about Islam. I don’t know much about it, I’ve only ever spoken to two Muslims about their faith and always only with my husband. Anyway the YouTube channel is called Acts17Apologetics
Really interesting clips.
Warm Christian love, your sister Cat

4 Likes

Hi Cate.
Thank you so much for the welcome and I am truly blessed to be here amongst so many wonderful people from all over the world. Acts17Apologetics, is one of the youtube channels I keep tabs on. David Woods is a truly dedicated apologist. He was the roommate of Nabeel Qureshi and close friend. In fact Nabeel posted his first youtube post with David.
I keep an eye on his channel as it offers good insight in Muslims challenges to the scripture which David does well to correct.
Looking forward to sharing with you.
God Bless :grinning:

4 Likes

Fantastic Luke, I’m really fascinated with all the changes in Islam. Be great to hear you’re experiences.

2 Likes

And God bless you too

1 Like

Hi Luke! This is Belle Clark. Nice to see you here at Connect!

1 Like

Hi Belle,
It truly great to be here. Love the wide range of discussion topics and the global reach. It will be of great help and blessing. Looking forward to sharing here and with you too.

God Bless

3 Likes

Hey @LukeShori, I’ve enjoyed reading your different posts and contributions to the connect! Will definitely be praying for you and your family as you proclaim Christ there in Malaysia! I’m looking forward along with the many others here, to hearing about how God continues to use you in the lives of those Muslim men you mentioned in another thread as well as Lord willing, the many more Muslims in your area and around the world! I admire your courage in such times. If you don’t mind me asking… Has reaching out to Muslims been a life passion of yours (since becoming a Christian) or did your desire to reach them begin when you moved there?
Thanks for the encouragement you are to all of us!

6 Likes

Hi @CharityLinzey Charity, Love your name. I can see clearly from your heartful and loving message, how that name suits you well. I am truly blessed by all the encouragement and prayers from everyone here. I find strength in times of doubt and challenges. It is from everyone here, that I am blessed and always reminded of God’s grace.
My testimony and coming to Christ is what brought me to reach out to Muslims. God took me from my immoral life and stripped me naked and only in my realization inn how I had destroyed my life, did Jesus pave a new beginning for me. Literally from nothing, the Lord has paved every step for me. Only in prayer have I found me calling. Every step is a testimony in itself and has brought me to reach out to Muslims here.
I am a native to this country but left and pursued a life in North America (Canada and US) and decided to move back awhile ago. I brought back my immoral lifestyle and indulged in every sin. In my arrogance and defiance to God did I finally hit a brick wall and ended up incarcerated and facing 30 locked away. The irony for something I did not do. Only after finding Christ again and realizing I was being called did I find a new beginning. I was out almost immediately and since then the Lord has paved every step for me.
I am not scared or intimidated by them here because I really feel their pain and desire to seek meaning to their lives. Many have confided that they feel so lost and unattached anything divine and live has become unmeaningful and just a vicious daily cycle.
I hope to help them realize that life is more than being told what to do but life is a glorious gift from God. That each and every one of them is gifted by God with their own unique intrinsic value, that they were created for a unique purpose and with a moral boundary which gives value and tolerance to every living thing. The one thing the current faith denies and treats everyone as Kafir (unbelievers), less than human.
I feel the agony of their souls and the pain in their eyes when the truth begins to reveal them. I see the Holy Spirit change them and in a slow process soften then hearts and begins to fill it. For all the agony and emotional upheaval, they suffer and I am truly humbled and blessed by God to be able to celebrate their awakening. I am not responsible, for I know God has called me into their lives to play a small part in God glorious plan that has taken some of these Muslims many years. I am blessed to be able to participate in God’s plan.
The one thing I have learnt is that as much as we want to bring people to Christ immediately, we must humble ourselves to God plan. We are not the authors of God’s story but we are called to play a small but important part of God’s overall plan.
I have had bottles thrown at me awhile ago by an individual for talking about the truth of Jesus. I never saw that gentleman for months after. Then one day, I was sitting alone in a roadside coffee shop and he came up and sat down in front of me and apologized for something that happened months ago. I was just a stranger to him, but God kept reminding him of that event and brought him back when he was ready to put aside his anger or fear.
Anyone who doubts God’s sovereignty and questions His plan is only blinded by our limited consciousness of our reality around us but God see all and knows all and we MUST leave it to him to do according to his will.

6 Likes