Lynne

(Lynne) #1

Hey, my name is Lynne and I am from NC. I took the Core. Module
and watched the Holy Spirit move through the thought provoking knowledge that it provides. I had more questions than answers which certainly made me delve more intensely into God’s word
I have such respect for RZIM. They have opened my eyes to so much.

5 Likes
(Sieglinde) #2

Hi @Lynne, welcome :heart: I agree with you abut RZIM. What a beautiful necessary ministry. I look forward to your insight.

3 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome to Commect, Lynne. It is great to hear how the Core Module has impacted your walk with Christ. What was a lesson it experience that stood out to you?

2 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #4

Hi Lynne! @Lynne
Loved the Core Module, as well!

So refreshing to find a place like RZIM to offer answers to so many questions.

This community is similar to what you experienced in the Module forums…great topics, and thoughtful responses from others also seeking the truth.

Be blessed :relaxed:

2 Likes
(Lynne) #5

Brittany,
The biggest thing I learned was to listen. It seems so obvious but listening to where the other person is coming from and listening to the question they may be asking that is deeper than the surface question.
I don’t always have to have an answer which is difficult but better for me to tell them what a good question it is and that I will find the answer and always get back o them which sometimes opens up further discussion.
How about you?
Lynne

2 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #6

That’s wonderful to hear. I’m asking out of curiosity- I plan to take the Core Module later this summer. My two goals are to get a framework to “arrange” all I’ve learned here in Connect, and to learn how to bring that up more in conversations. I love this thought you shared,

listening to the question they may be asking that is deeper than the surface question.

Good stuff!

2 Likes
(Lynne) #7

Brittany,
I must say that the Core. Module was more difficult than I expected. I wanted( and still do) want to take further courses but the Core Module is mandatory to take further courses. It is time consuming and covers so much material but is so worth it. So take the course when you know you have the several hours a week to commit to the homework. The more time you put in the more you get out of it.
Because I surround myself with other Christians bc of church etc. the Core. Module took me out of my comfort zone in having to talk to someone of another worldview than my own. I was surprised that some “mature” women are Agnostics or atheists. Where have I been?:grinning:.

I don’t know where you started but taking the course gave me a zeal to share Jesus in an honest, easy, not “Bible-thumping” way with others when possible.
Keep me posted on your progress. The Holy Spirit will lead you.
Lynne

2 Likes