LynnetteM

Hello! I am so excited to be here.

Where are you from? I am from Gibbons Alberta - just outside of Edmonton.

What led you to join Connect? I have been a fan of Ravi Zacharias for many years. I have been listening to a number of the RZIM podcasts over the years. Most recently Ask Away which then lead me to Cover to Cover. I am excited about being part of a discussion group. It is a first time for me and I am excited about what I can learn and contribute.

How do you hope to contribute? My hope is that I would add value to the conversations, build friendships and belong to a community of like minded people who want to make a difference in the world around us. :grinning:

7 Likes

Hello @LynnetteM, it is so wonderful to have you join here. I have become a huge fan of Ask Away. I just listened to a podcast a couple of days ago with Rev. Hassan titled “Who is beyond forgiveness?” Wow, the story of the Nigerian girls who were kidnapped was profound! Hope to see you engaging in the forums :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hello Lynnette. I think you have found a suitable place to discuss and learn in a good atmosphere. There are many valuable conversations here about different faith topics to which everyone is welcome to contribute. Now you belong to this community, welcome :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Lynnette. :slightly_smiling_face: Its great to have you join us. What is an episode of Ask Away that has stood out to you. Are there any videos of Ravi Zacharias you particularly enjoy?

3 Likes

Thank you Brittany. One of my favourite Ask Away episodes was in Nov 2018 What is the meaning of life? more recently I have enjoyed listen to some of their guest speakers like John Lennox, Abdu Murray and Franis Chan. What about you?

2 Likes

I enjoyed that one too. It felt too short of a podcast. I would have loved to hear more stories of how Jesus is working forgiveness through the lives of both the victim and the victimizer. It made me think about the unforgivess that I hang onto at times and need to repent of.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ll check that one out. One episode that comes to mind is “Many people suffer. What’s the big deal of the cross?” I loved how Michael, Vince, and Jo dug into the power of Christ’s sacrifice.

2 Likes

Hey Lynette! @LynnetteM
So glad you’ve joined us!

Love the podcasts, as well… always something to listen to whether it be Ask Away, Let My People Think, Just Thinking, as well as Live stream events often posted in the “livestream” category. (Not to mention YouTube!)
So thankful for the many opportunities RZIM gives us to think and learn together.
And, this community- so great for bringing those fresh questions in mind to the table.

Enjoy :blush:

1 Like