Maddy Berning

Hi everyone,

I’m Maddy (Madeleine) from Düsseldorf, Germany.
I came to know this platform through participating in an online course on apologetics with RZIM. I really enjoyed it. I have always been someone who’s thinking a lot (sometimes too much) and always been searching for answers.
I have also (and still am sometimes) gone through hard times when doubt seemed to block my faith.

I am convinced that the Truth will always remain true, I just sometimes wish I had a bit more clarity on certain topics.

I hope this forum will be an opportunity to talk to my brothers and sisters all around the world and share my questions, thoughts and doubts with them.

This is really great. I’m looking forward to meeting y’all.

7 Likes

Hallo Maddy, herzlich willkommen bei Connect und schönen Gruß ins Ruhrgebiet :de:

It looks like you have found the perfect platform :+1: Thinkers are welcome here, as well as anyone who has questions about faith and is looking for answers. Just participate in the ongoing discussions and ask your question. I look forward to hearing more from you :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome to RZIM Connect! @madeleineberning

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @madeleineberning. It is good having you here from Germany. Congratulations on completing the course. I hope you find the discussions and the responses to your questions helpful. Engage as often as you are able. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hi @madeleineberning welcome :slightly_smiling_face: My mom was from Regensburg Germany. I can still picture her reminiscing of how beautiful it was there and telling us kids about it. I have yet to visit but it is on my bucket list. Anyway, I trust you will enjoy browsing through the conversations here in connect. I hope that you will find comfort, encouragement and clarity in some of your doubts. We never stop learning.
Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Maddy
You have a soul that is searching after God and from everything I’ve learned in my faith journey proclaims that God looks into our heart. He promises that as we seek Him with our whole heart we will find Him. He will reveal Himself to you as you sincerely seek Him.
I hope you continue to find Truth in Jesus as He leads you unto Himself.

3 Likes

Hi Maddy and welcome!

I am excited for you. I am an Engineer and a thinker too! Doubt plagues me also but not in God but my understanding of Him and the purity in my understanding and beliefs. Apologetics is the obvious answer and RZIM is the best place to go for this journey. I wish you all the best on your adventure!!

Also, growing up in the South USA, I am thrilled by a German using “y’all” :smile:! I LOVE it!

4 Likes

Thank you Steve! Your last comment made me laugh. I think I owe that to a very dear American friend who uses that very often! God bless!

2 Likes