Margaret

Hello everyone! I’m from New Zealand. Born and raised in South Africa. We immigrated to NZ in 2006. What led me to Connect is my love for Jesus Christ. I would love to read all questions and answers discussed here and learn through asking my own too.

I believe we all have questions about the world wide pandemic (Covid-19) and the purpose of it. We are not safe in our country either.

Is this pestilence part of Luke 21:10-17?

8 Likes

Hi Margaret,
Welcome to RZIM connect. Love ti have you. If you have deep questions about life’s Origins, meaning, morality and destination you are at right place. Please free to ask relevant questions and participate in discussion .

4 Likes

Margaret,
My great grandfather died in the pandemic of 1918 where estimates are that 25% of the worlds population died. By comparison this is nothing but that does not mean you need to let your guard down. Mask wearing and avoiding crowds is important but so is eating right and staying fit. Pray and worship but follow the example of Christ. Eat fish, organic fruits and vegetables, and avoid processed food. This pandemic is just one of what the world has seen many, many times.
Trust the Lord.
Grace and peace,
Bob Parker

3 Likes

Glad to have you joining us @Magriet_1. I hope that you enjoy the discussions that you are engaged here. I wish to visit the New Zealand some day. Got to visit Australia but I need to come back. Thank you for being with us. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome Margaret!

Handling of Covid-19 seems to be good in NZ, and Ardhern bleeds character, not sure her about policy. Covid handling is not so good here in Vic, Aus.

You must have a beautiful and unique English accent being from SA and living in NZ.

The verse you reference, when you think about it, If 1000 years is as a day for our eternal and timeless Lord, we can probably include the Spanish flu, even perhaps the black death; and the two world wars fit in this ‘end-times’ category: on the continuum of eternity these events are extremely recent and fitting in that context. Luk 21:10; Mat 24:6; 2 Pe 3:8

I’m sure you will enjoy this forum!

2 Likes

Hello Margaret,
It’s a wonderful forum on Connect. I am happy you joined us! I too love Jesus with my whole spirit, soul & body. We are very fortunate disciples indeed.
I know that this pandemic is not indicative of the precious and abiding love of our savior. He is Grace and Peace.
I look forward to sharing Connect with you again sometime.
Grace & peace be unto you ,
Kathy

2 Likes

I AM A MAN OF GOD. I LOVE HIM with ALL MY HEART and I respond minute by minute through my intuition. I BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING I ACHIEVE IS BECAUSE OF HIM. .BE WELL, BE SAFE AND BE GOOD, LOVE DON

1 Like