Maria

My name is Maria

Coaldale, Alberta Canada

I have an evangelistic heart. I speak to people regularly about Jesus. Right now, I’m speaking to a Muslim woman. I feel like I am not an expert at all. I feel I need some help. Not only with this lady, but with others that I talk to in the future.

I’m eager to learn and need help in answering tough questions when I talk to non believers.

My question is: What do I say to a Muslim woman that I’m talking to? How do I reach her and help her realize that Jesus is the one and only true God .She has an agenda to convert me to Islam. That will never happen! I am a strong Christian.

9 Likes

Welcome Maria, so glad you are here. The Gospel people see impact them more than the words which we speak. Will contribute more later

Mike

5 Likes

@mbirky Nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Maria, when witnessing to others whether non believers or to other Christians, it is NOT YOU that “reaches them” but the Holy Spirit within you that speaks to them through you. Unfortunately not all people you witness to will right away covert. However, that is not your fault. It is Christs business to bring others to Himself. You have done well not to hide your light under a bushel. Pray for them and pray that God uses your witness for His Glory.

3 Likes

Thank you. I am aware that it needs to be to the Holy Spirit. I sense that this lady is not open to becoming a Christian. I am praying that the Lord will give her dreams and visions of Jesus. I’m not saying much, just loving her. I’m just seeking answers of how to reach Muslims specifically. I’ve never talked to a Muslim about Jesus before.

3 Likes

Hi, Maria @mbirky. Thank you for adding your voice to Connect. I love that you have an evangelistic heart. That’s a tool the Lord can use :slight_smile: .

May the Lord lead and anoint your endeavors to share the Gospel of Jesus in your world.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @mbirky. Thank you for coming alongside us. And thank you for your heart to share the gospel. I hope that you learn some approaches to Islam that can assist you. The 1st is be a friend. That will go along way. When Muslims see your heart of care they will care what you have for them. There is a course that RZIM offers on Islam that is very very good. The 2nd suggestion is to understand the trinity well. When the Holy Spirit leads you can draw the distinction. For all time the trinity has offered love and relationship in the three. For the Muslim who was Allah loving and in relationship with before he created humanity. If none, then is Allah really all powerful if he “needed” humans to have relationship with and to love? I hope this helped just a bit. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hi @mbirky it’s nice to meet you, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your heart in wanting to share your faith. Nabeel Quershi wrote several books on Islam. Reading “Seeking Allah finding Jesus” “No God but One” and “Answering Jihad” were all great, helpful reads. You will find yourself having much more love and compassion after reading his journey to Christianity. These guys give up SO much. They love their religion as much as we love Jesus. Also, as @Keldon_Scott mentioned, Understanding and answering Islam is an incredible course. In the meantime, here is a conversation you might glean from

I pray the Lord will give you wisdom :pray:t3:
God bless❤️

4 Likes

Hello again Maria, I have encountered a couple of Muslim Doctors but never discussed debates religion with them. I especially agree with the facts we must know what we believe and what they believe. Anyone who has a rock solid dogmatic faith in what they believe as many do will be difficult to reach.

An analogy.
I could not convince someone that thier Mother was not thier Mother.

In reality this is a spiritual battle between “THE GOD” and a god.
For a christian that lost soul is the victim of the war and needs our empathy.

Make much war on the floor before you venture onto the battlefield.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
II Corinthians 10:3‭-‬4 NKJV

Prayers
Mike

3 Likes

Maria, Mike was correct by stating that we fight not flesh and blood, but powers and principalities. Now how can fight against such powers? Christ of coarse. So when speaking to your Muslim friends, talk about Christ only. Not theology or give opinions. One phrase I remember, Christ plus anything else equals nothing.

3 Likes

Thank you. This is helpful. Thankfully I grew up in church and went to Bible College so I am well versed on the trinity. I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1:30 pm Mountain Time as I am meeting with this Muslim woman.

1 Like

Thank you. I do believe very much in prayer. Speaking of prayer, I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1:30 pm Mountain Time as I am meeting with this Muslim woman.
Maria

Thank you. I am reading “Seeking Allah finding Jesus” right now. Someone in my church recommended it. I would like to take the Understanding and Answering Islam when I get some time. I am finding in this book that Muslims are very passionate about Allah and Islam. I am finding similarities to Christianity as that they had a the same passion that Christians do. However, there are major differences which makes it a false religion, i.e. they don’t believe that Jesus is God, etc. I just want to be loving and compassionate towards this woman, not judgemental.

Maria

2 Likes

Hi Maria! and God Bless You! listen to this amazing guy(RIP) Dr Nabeel Qureshi -https://youtu.be/k0D8Uz4oQck

Go on YouTube and listen to this brother as well Abdo Murray (RZIM)

Blessings from Fredrik Israelsson Bard - Stockholm

1 Like

Right, not only do they not believe that Jesus is God, they do not believe God even had a Son. They believe he was only a prophet. My advise to you is to learn more about Jesus and share Gospel with her, as the power of salvation is in that, Romans 1:16. You might also get ; David Limbaugh book, ”Emmaus Code” as it tells how the old testament reveals Christ. The Muslims respect the old Testament! Thanks

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-emmaus-code-david-limbaugh/1121806555

Thank you. I will check into this.

There is one thing that puzzles me. She refers to Jesus as Esau. Can you or anyone else explain this?

Thanks.

Maria

1 Like

@sig, you raise a point I hadn’t really considered: when a devout Muslim resigns from his/her religion, he or she gives up so much. My Christian faith is all I know and defines my entire world. I wouldn’t know who I was apart from faith in Jesus. Thank the Lord He let me be raised up to hear and learn the truth of scripture. To think of growing up wholeheartedly accepting a religion by which my life and identity were totally molded just to find out it was false sounds horrible. Trying to put myself in those shoes is very sobering.

I guess the closest I’ve come to witnessing that sort of response to the idea that Christianity is the only way for man’s redemption was in college. I was in school with a young man from India who asked how would (we) feel if we were told that all of our parents, grandparents, and everybody in our family that had died were in hell (for not being a Christian). He had a good question. Choosing to believe in Christ and the Bible could have brought him much pain in that regard. I can hardly imagine how incredulous a person would feel weighing such things. Apart from the witness of the Holy Spirit it just doesn’t seem possibl that someone in those shoes would choose Christianity . (I say that recognizing it it isn’t possible for anyone to come to Christ apart from the Holy Spirit.) I don’t know that this young man ever accepted Christ. I hope so. I know that at the time he asked that question I didn’t know what to tell him.

This could be pulled apart into its own question possibly. I hope this response isn’t too far afield from the discussion here of witnessing to persons of Muslim faith. (The Indian guy from college I mentioned was Hindu, btw.)

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Maria,

It is so good you are here, and your love for our Lord shines in a heart longing to witness to our Muslim sister.

In the core module, we have two assignments and are taught how to engage with people from other belief systems. I have a physician who is a Muslim; even he has not converted to Christianity, our talks have become more frequent, and we are both more receptive of the other. Through him I have met others who hold Islam as the truth.

There are two really great books ! ’ Answering Islam’ and ‘Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus.’ These help me a lot with my Muslim brothers and sistesr who really need and respond to the love of Christ.

Thank you for coming here Ms. Maria. Your heart speaks volumes and the Holy Spirit led you here. Please make a post and you will find so many kind and gentle people who have much experience. And may God bless you, because these are our sisters and brothers who need someone, just like you, who cares about them in your heart for all the right reasons.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

I feel she will see your love from the holy spirit, more than a competitive religion.
1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. She has mentioned that it would very difficult for her to leave Islam. I responded with compassion and empathy. I validated her because I truly believe it would be difficult. It would extremely difficult for me to leave Christianity. It’s all I know. It was then that realized that it’s going to be the Holy Spirit that shows her. It always needs to be the Holy Spirit, but even more so in this situation.

3 Likes

Thank you I am reading “Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus”. I’m finding it very helpful.

2 Likes