Marion

member_introductions
(Marion Svoboda) #1

Hi everyone, I am connected for a few months now, but find only now the time to introduce myself
I am from Austria, living in Switzerland for 2 1/2 years now. Not it is not almost the same even though our emperor lineage was originally Swiss. I had to learn to understand their language. I joined BSF again and did 4 courses with RZIM. Personally I struggle with depression since i had anemia and very low iron in my blood. I am in counseling and trust the Lord to will lead me through the valley into His arms. My faith is strengthened through this and I thankful to be where I am, Valleys are for growing muscles!
I have a loving husband and two grown kids.
I hope to be able to encourage others through dark times and God’s good plan for every situation we are in.

6 Likes
(Sieglinde) #2

Welcome Marion. I am so glad you are here :heart: I pray your depression will be lifted. It can be so crippling so my heart goes out to you. I like your description “valleys are for growing muscles.” Thats a positive way to look at it, I’ll have to remember that.

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #3

@marion
Marion, I so respect your transparency regarding your depression. I’m so blessed when you mention emotional issues rather than physical always. Move any questions in that area to the forefront. Thanks for coming along side of people who have emotional hurts, You’re not alone.

2 Likes
(Rustin Wilson ) #4

Welcome, Marion. Thanks for your openness about your struggles and may God bless you for it. As we look into the life of Jesus, we can see His emotions. Before Lazarus was resurrected, Jesus wept. Even more powerful, when Jesus was hanging on the cross, He cried “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” I see a God who, in taking upon Himself humanity, even entered into our emotions.
In times of depression, feelings of apathy (is that an oxymoron?) can be very real. Sometimes it seems like there is no purpose for us, and no objective reason for the struggle we are going through. We look for answers but wonder if they even exist. Yet when those times come to an end (and they do come to an end) we can look back and see how God drew close to us. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.
So here’s the question - If we didn’t experience times of pain, including emotional struggles, would it limit our empathy for others who are experiencing pain? If so, it helps us to trust God in His divine purposes that we cannot see at this time. And we know that all things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

2 Likes