Mark S

(Mark) #1

Hi, I’m Mark.
I come from Brentwood in England.
I’ve joined connect to learn more about Christianity, and to enable me to talk to others about it with an authority based on knowledge. I don’t yet know how I will contribute, as I feel very inadequate in my knowledge compared to some of the people here.
I have also attended several of the RZIM Zacharias Trusts lectures in London.

6 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Mark! :smiley: We’re glad to have you join us. May you find it a place to learn and grow together from brothers and sisters around the world. Please don’t feel like your answers are inadequate- we don’t speak from our own wisdom, but from our understanding of God. (I can relate to being shy, though!!!) What was it like to attend the Zacharias Trust lectures in person? what a wonderful opportunity!

3 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @MarkS,

Welcome! One of the most encouraging aspects of RZIM Connect is that ordinary people like you and me can share from our hearts with one another. I find that this keeps me curious and encouraged.

What a challenging but inspiring verse we find in 1 Corinthians 3:16,

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

This message to the church is so radical… from being excluded from God’s presence in the Holy of Holies, to having God dwell within his people as we have become his temple… may you know the joy of this intimacy with God - and the unshakeable confidence of having the Holy Spirit dwell within you!

3 Likes
(Mark) #4

Thankyou for your welcome.
the Zacharias trust lectures are a wonderful source of inspiration, and wisdom. The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly, and I would recommend them to anyone who can get there.

5 Likes
(Keldon Scott) #5

Welcome aboard @MarkS. So glad you have joined connect. Learning more is just a question away. The community here is very helpful, well read, and caring. I trust the time you spend here will be blessed. And your experiences as well as your enthusiasm will be a blessing to those you engage. God-bless your journey.

1 Like