Mary Beth Osborn

(Mary Beth Osborn) #1

Hello everyone!

My name is Mary Beth and I live in Austin, Texas. My husband and I have one son and are empty nesters. I stay home and my husband is a software engineer.
I just completed the Core module in March and am currently enrolled in the course on Islam.
I live in a predominantly Jewish area of the city with a large student population up the street from all over the world.
I am excited to be a part of such an awesome online community.
What else do you need to know? I am not tech savvy. You will find that out soon enough so I might as well own up to it now.
I look forward to learning from you and getting to know you all.

mb

6 Likes
(Sieglinde) #2

Hi @MaryBeth1, welcome to connect. I’m with you on not being tech savvy​:nerd_face: but I think you will find it relatively easy to navigate :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
(Olivia Davis) #3

Hi Mary Beth! I used to live in Austin – such a cool city! It sounds like you’re in a great place for ministry, and I hope you’ll learn things here and will help you grow as an evangelist and an apologist! I look forward to hearing your perspectives and your questions in the forums!

I’m so glad that you’ve done the Core Module and are now enrolled in the Islam course. Connect is a great place to continue to grow the skills we began to learn in the Core Module. It’s a place of growth and reflection that everyone can benefit from!

No worries about not being tech savvy!! If you ever have questions about something, just reach out and we’ll be glad to help you. RZIM Connect took me a little bit of time to get used to, but after a while it gets pretty simple!

Welcome to Connect :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(Mary Beth Osborn) #4

Hi Sig!

Thank you and I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who is tech-challenged.

Where are you from and what classes have you taken with RZIM?

I look forward to conversing with your through Connect!

Grace and peace,
Mary Beth

2 Likes
(Mary Beth Osborn) #5

Hi Olivia!

How long did you live in Austin? Did you have a favorite thing to do or place to go while you were here? My husband and I like to hike. Except for July and August when the temperatures can get well over 100*. Then, not so much.

Thank you for welcoming me to the Connect community and I look forward to chatting with you!

Grace and peace,
mb

1 Like
(Heidi Mitchell) #6

Hi Mary Beth! @MaryBeth1
Warmest welcome to you :slight_smile:

(Sieglinde) #7

I’m from GA, south of Atlanta. I have only taken the Core Module which was very helpful. I was looking yesterday at the Bible elective and understanding Islam. Look forward to conversation with you as well Marybeth, thank you❤️

(Mary Beth Osborn) #8

Thank you, Heidi! I look forward to our conversations.

1 Like