Matt Thompson

(Matt Thompson) #1

Greetings everyone, my name is Matt.

Where are you from? I was born in Schenectady, New York and currently reside there. I have also lived in New York City, Boston, and Las Cruces New Mexico. If all goes well I intend to relocate back to the southwest soon, I find their version of winter much more agreeable.

What led you to join Connect? I have listened to RZIM’s “Just a Thought” on my local Christian radio station for a few years and found it very thought provoking and enjoyable. I then read some books by Ravi Zacharias and other authors who coincidentally contribute to RZIM. I learned about the courses offered through the RZIM Academy from an e-mail I received and enrolled. After completing the core module I received an e-mail encouraging me to join RZIM Connect.

How do you hope to contribute? I’d like to grown into an active participant on the boards here. Willing to offer any insight I may have that another individual may find useful. I am by no means a scholar but I think God puts us where He intends for us to be and inspires us to speak at the appropriate times. I also am excited to read and learn from others. I know from just my Core Module course there were some great posts that I was thankful to read. Since this forum includes more people and has a wide array of topics I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity for learning.

9 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Matt! It is wonderful for you to join us, and I look forward to learning more from you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Brian Fritz) #3

Hi Matt. I’m new here too today! I spent almost 20 years in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho New Mexico. Winters are much nicer in the Southwest than the Northeast!
I was transported to Amarillo by Providence and I’ve marveled at His humor. What is Acad Alumni? It sounds like an RZIM facet.
Hope to learn from God’s expression in others and how your faith has been shaped. This is a fascinating web community that will be more interesting than the other idols of mankind on the net.

3 Likes
(Sieglinde) #4

Hi @mattlt1983, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I like how you phrased our usefulness __ " God puts us where He intends for us to be and inspires us to speak at the appropriate times"__
That inspires me to press forward. I look forward to your insight and how God uses you in your responses.

1 Like
(Heidi Mitchell) #5

Hey Matt! @mattlt1983
I’ve always wanted to visit the southwest states. Especially in the winter :slight_smile:

So glad you’ve joined Connect! It really is a great community… similar to the forums in the Core Module.
This community has been such a great follow up from taking the course…I think you’ll enjoy it!

1 Like
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #6

Welcome aboard @mattlt1983. Another alumnus for the academy. Great to have you with us. I, too, love the southwest in the winter. My boys are in the Phoenix area. I will look forward to reading your posts. Thanks for coming along side us. God-bless you and your journey.

(Matt Thompson) #7

Beautiful part of the country Brian! I drove through Amarillo two years ago but did not get to stop there sadly, I’d like to go back someday and visit the Big Texan Steak Ranch.
Acad Alum appears to be the term they put next to users who have completed a course with RZIM (or at least that is the impression I have received so far).

I agree with your statement about the web community being more interesting (and worthwhile) than the other idols of mankind on the net. There is a whole lot out there on the web, and life in general, that is a distraction from what is meaningful.

To everyone else - I thank you all for the warm welcome!

1 Like