May I introduce myself; Mr. Steven Gehrke

Say hello…It is my pleasure, and honor to introduce myself to RZIM, to pastor Ravi Zacharias in particular. My name is
Steven M. Gehrke, follower of Christ Jesus, Student of my faith and the bible, and amature composer/song writer.

Where are you from? I live in San Antonio Texas at this time. I’m from the southwest having lived in Airzona, New Mexico, and Texas.

What led you to join Connect? I discovered one of pastor Ravi’s YouTube videos and was compelled to watch a few hours of them, so impressed with his intelligence, passion, and love of Christ I simply had to learn more and was lead to join the ministry.

How do you hope to contribute? I am not a scholar though I study my faith, I was born and raised a Catholic which I continue to practice although my salvation is due to my love for, and faith in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior! I would love to use my gifts of composing if possible. If there are ever events in the San Antonio area I could serve in any way needed. I’ve a degree in electronics and considerable audio/video experience. Or as a attendant/labor… I’ve thought of taking a bible study corse into local jail/prison. Would your library have appropriate material for such?
Though I’m retired/disabled I could possible make a donation, though modest if needed. I shall pray I can be of use to our lord through this ministry if possible.

3 Likes

Hi @sgehrke, so wonderful to meet you! Thank you for such a heartfelt introduction. My sister would be so jealous of that fish! She would fish all day every day if she could. Mostly trout fishing. Have you taken the “Core Module” with RZIM. Here is a link: http://rzimacademy.org/courses/core-module/
I hope to see more of you here, engaging in the conversations :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello, Steven, and welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: It’s great to hear of your enthusiasm I’m serving and sharing Christ’s love with others. As you prayerfully discern how to contribute here, you may find this post helpful as an inspiration. (p.s. congrats on the :fish:)

1 Like

Welcome, Steven. I am inspired by your love for Jesus and the motivation to learn and study more. And also your desire to pass on the good news to others. I think the idea of offering Bible courses in prison is great. Maybe you are interested in the following contributions:

Hello thank you for your heartfelt introduction we will glade to learn with you