Meeting together

(Sarah Bell) #1

Say hello…Hello!

Where are you from? UK

What led you to join Connect? Wanting to be able to be obedient to 1 Peter 3:15 as best I can! …and meeting other Christians who are similarly passionate about apologetics!

How do you hope to contribute? By generating questions, making comments, supporting and encouraging and being an effective member of the global ‘church’ of Christ.

Hebrews 10:25 tells us that we are not to neglect meeting or gathering together. How does that look in our current techno culture? Does one always need to attend a church? Or does this also mean joining together online? via social media?..a site such as this? Many thanks for your guidance. God Bless

8 Likes
(Melvin Greene) #2

Hi @SuSa! It’s a pleasure to meet you! Welcome to Connect! We do have many people from around the world. You could say we are a part of God’s global Church. It’s a blessing to chat with brothers and sisters with such diverse backgrounds. I hope you will be as equally blessed, if not more, as I have. I look forward to getting to know you better and learning from your unique life experiences.

Mel

4 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome to Connect, Sarah. :smiley: So glad you’ve joined us! You may enjoy this thread,

1 Like
(Lindsay Brandt) #4

Welcome, @SuSa! I am so glad you have joined us and am looking forward to getting to know you better! It’s an honor and privilege to be able to share and learn here on Connect as brothers and sisters in Christ.

3 Likes
(Sarah Bell) #5

Hi Melvin,
I look forward to getting to know everyone too and reading all the comments.
I am a bit new to all this…from the old world when we used to use coins to make phone calls! Please bear with my use of this technology!

3 Likes
(Sarah Bell) #6

Thanks Brittany!
Very interesting reading…!
My church connect group was recently discussing this, so a lot to share with them.

3 Likes
(Sarah Bell) #7

Hi Lindsay,
Am looking forward to learning from you and getting to know you all too!
Think it is so cool how we can connect from all over the world and so encouraging how many people are following Jesus!

2 Likes
(Dean Schmucker) #8

The Church is where “two or more are gathered in My Name”, according to Jesus. It is not a building we go to, but a family to which we belong. For me, I seek fellowship wherever I can find it, this site being one of the options. So though most likely I will never meet anyone from this site face to face, in Christ we are One Body.

1 Like
(joanne) #9

Welcome Sarah, I’m from the UK too. London to be precise. You’ll enjoy the forums here. God bless