Megan Muller

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to be here with all of you!

I am originally from Windom, MN, where I grew up on a farm. My current residency is Sioux Falls, SD, where I work as an infant lead teacher in childcare.

I joined Connect because I will be attending the Emerging Apologists Program in June, 2021.

My hope and prayer is that Connect might be a place where I will grow to be more like Christ by engaging in conversations that challenge and encourage me, and where I will emulate Christ in pointing people to our Father.

Blessings to you all! It is always a joy to meet with the body of Christ!

9 Likes

Welcome to the RZIM Community @meganmuller316!

Now, I am wondering if you and @Amy_Muller are sisters? No worries, because…I understand receiving these kinds of questions😄 I have around 5 other siblings on this forum myself, and it is a blast!

Please dive in and explore this community. It has been such a blessing to me and I am excited to see how the LORD continues to grow each of us in our walk with Him here.

Glad to have you!
Philippians 1:9-11

5 Likes

We are siblings! We aren’t twins, though, in case you’re wondering. Almost every place we go we’re asked if we’re twins :laughing:

5 Likes

Lol! That is fantastic! Gotcha😄 I know the feeling of being asked that question as well👍 Isn’t it great😂 Hey, glad y’all are here.

3 Likes

Haha that’s great! :joy: Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi Megan! So excited to meet you and Amy in June! Haha, my brother and I get mistaken for twins (or spouses, lol) a lot too but we’re 17 months apart.

4 Likes

Hello Megan it is wonderful to have you here with us on this journey with other brothers and sisters in Christ. Welcome to a great forum to connect and grow as we learn from each other. As the word shares there is nothing new under the sun but many have a different perspective that can help us see it better. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

Mike

4 Likes

Hey Rebekah! I’m excited to meet you too! Aw that’s so funny! I bet it’s weird to get asked if you’re spouses :nerd_face: Also, wow only 17 months apart! That has to be so fun! My sister and I are three years apart.

3 Likes

Hi Mike! Thank you for the warm welcome! The fact that there is nothing new under the sun is a reality I’ve only just begun to understand. Learning becomes a whole lot less intimidating as one realizes there are aspects in everything that connect with something already known and understand. In regards to having different perspectives, I am curious if you think we can have false perspectives? If yes, how does one sort through what is a false perspective and a true perspective? I know this is the welcome section and not necessarily the place for a long discussion like this, so if you don’t want to respond to my questions for that, or any other reason, that’s totally okay! I’m just writing thoughts that came to mind and I read your post. Thanks again for the welcome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello and Welcome to Connect, Megan! :wave: So happy to meet you and so encouraged and inspired by your fervent joy and desire to live for Christ in such an awesome way! Praying for you! :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Elizabeth! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Megan, thank you for seeking to engage. Questions are welcome but the questioner is important as well. My perspective has changed multiple times during my 66 years of living. As the revelation of Truth came to me I had to adjust my perspective ( my lens on life how I saw things, influenced by all the things we humans face on our sojourn in this foreign land.)

I have had many false perspectives on many things in my pre and post conversion life that when viewed by the Truth of His word, filtered through His lens there can only be one way of looking at anything.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
Philippians 2:12 NKJV

I learned to live by the fact that if my perspective is not His then I am the one who must adjust mine. Yes I agree somethings are deeply ingrained and it takes time sometimes a lifetime. Just trying to real and honest. Take care, look forward to your response.:blush:

Mike

4 Likes

Mike, thank you so much for your response! I agree with you that the truth is found in the Bible, and that we must look at the world through that lens of truth and align ourselves with that truth. The question I often find myself landing on, then, is, “How do we approach the Bible without the false perspective or lens of the world?” I know that part of the wonder of salvation is, even though in our humanness it is impossible for us to know the truth, revelation by the Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to know the truth. I think of the Scripture that says,

“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth” - John 16:13a

and,

“these things [the wisdom of God] God has revealed to us through the Spirit.” - 1 Corinthians 2:10a

The reason I keep landing on this question is that I find it difficult to believe that the Holy Spirit is guiding me and not my own fleshly desires. This, I suppose, is where the gift of prayer comes in. It is absolutely amazing that one can enter into a conversation with God and ask for help.

I would love to hear anything you, or anyone else, might have to add to these thoughts. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These are some great thoughts and questions👍 What about posting this latest question and your thoughts about it on #christian-growth? It will open up the floor for further excellent thought, discussion and insights from the community, in regards to this important aspect of our personal growth in Christ.

4 Likes

welcome Megan

1 Like