Memorial: Ravi Zacharias (1946-2020) - Live Stream Summary

What a Man, What a life, What a Tribute…

Memorial: Ravi Zacharias (1946-2020)

A perfectly woven ceremony for the perfect Man of God I have ever seen.

Vice President of the United States Mike Pence attended the ceremony to pay respect to his works. He did state that he was the “C.S. Lewis” of our time, and “The Greatest Apologist of this century”.

The world would not deny his statement, cuz such was his character and aura.

Today over 120,000 people attended the memorial virtually and they spent over 2 hours 52 minutes to be precise in front of their screens. This was the way they chose to pay him back with their precious time.

When the Evangelist Billy Graham died Sir Ravi said “We lost one of the greatest voice of the nation but the message goes on”, now the same applies to him, no doubt.

I would say Sir Ravi was one of those very few people who went home to be with lord with complete peace in his heart and a joyful smile on his face. What a blessed man. What a faithful servant of God.

I am so glad to be part of this memorial, I owe so much to this man which I won’t be able to express it through words.

Thank you, Ravi, I am sure when you met God face to face he definitely said: “Well Done my faithful servant”.

Link of Memorial ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZxZG9nkC0

#ThankYouRavi

16 Likes

Thank you @joshan.daniel2!

Grace and peace to you,
Mary Beth

3 Likes

Thank you for your post and coming alongside us at connect @joshan.daniel2. Your tribute is appreciated. I hope you get a chance to interact on a regular basis here. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

You are welcome @Keldon_Scott! I too look forward for a chance to interact on a regular basis. Thank you.

3 Likes

Ravi’s Legacy will last until Jesus returns!

4 Likes

Ravi Zacharias personified, “To live is Christ, to die is gain.”

2 Likes

Amen to that!

1 Like

The memorial service was beautiful and Ravi was such a beautiful man. A celebration of a life lived for and pointing toward Christ.

2 Likes

Beautiful words for a beautiful servant of God. Thank you.
In the photos: His “favourite juice” is an indication of the depth of his humility. Notebooks that will not be written in anymore. And yet while we are saddened by his departure, he has left us a legacy of over one hundred speakers worldwide to take over. He has not left his place empty. That too speaks of his humility and his deep love for Jesus. “Not I, but Jesus.”

My heart rejoiced on the morning in the early-mid-1990s when I heard a program called Let My People Think.

He talked of meaninglessness in our culture, especially in our youth, and I can’t recall why this left such an impact on me or on him, coming as it did a scant half dozen years after his suicide attempt unless it is because of mine. His voice speaking the words of a song few seem to know from 1967: Who Will Answer.

Fortunately RZIM has lots of people with answers now. Let the questioners come, and let us look past their externals and see them as Ravi did, as they were created, in the image of God.

Praying peace and strength on his family, on the staff who are friends, and on all in this forum, all who have been blessed by Jesus, the one Ravi proclaimed to the end.

2 Likes