Memorial: Ravi Zacharias (1946-2020)

Please join us on May 29, at 11:00 am ET for a livestreamed memorial service honoring the life and ministry of Ravi Zacharias.

Tributes to Ravi will include homages from family and friends, including RZIM President Michael Ramsden, athlete and author Tim Tebow, Brooklyn Tabernacle Senior Pastor Jim Cymbala, and Passion Movement Founder Louie Giglio. Musical artists Matt Redman and Lecrae will perform.

Ravi spent the past 48 years traveling the world to commend the Christian faith and address life’s greatest existential questions of origin, meaning, morality, and destiny with eloquence and grace for a variety of audiences. Through his founding and leadership of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM), Ravi launched a global team of nearly 100 Christian scholars and authors who continue to speak, resource, train, and address the questions of millions around the world.

55 Likes

Hi. I have just read on instagram that the live stream on 8am on Friday 29th. I was just wondering what time is the right one? I really don’t want to miss it.

1 Like

Hello! What time zone are you in? Perhaps the 8am reflects the time difference for your time zone and ET? I am in mountain time, so the services will stream for us here at 9am.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I live in Australia, Queensland. I believe it will be 1AM Saturday the 30th.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Hello from across the world (: 1am, my my. That makes for a late night to catch the livestream. It still seems very surreal to imagine Ravi is no longer with us. I wish I could have had the privilege to meet him or see him speak in person. A great man with a great legacy

N. Stidham

7 Likes

@wafaatanious if you click on the video there is a small countdown clock that tells you when it will start. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community Nicole. I had the same dream to see and hear him in person. I’m determined to stay up and watch the whole live stream. Hopefully I won’t fall asleep :sleeping:. Thank you Luna for the direction. I will follow that. Blessings.

3 Likes

My heart beats somehow as if it exists outside my chest.
I can barely speak in words how important this will be to me…and to all of us, really, during this Celebration of LIfe!

May there be a great infilling of the Holy Spirit! May this be as Pentecost…as a blessing…
Where two or more are gathered…the very Presence of God will be with us.
We are not going through this alone but as one church. Hallelujah!
However difficult, may God miraculously send us His Spirit, join us, and bless us all as
we gather together tomorrow in one heart through our Saviour.
He holds our tears in His bottle…
Praise the living God! Ravi is in Heaven!
Let the church say, “Amen!”

8 Likes

Waiting for the memorial service to start from the Philippines. We love you, Dr. Ravi and will surely miss you. I listen to your preachings at You Tube repeatedly and more so now .

7 Likes

A life well lived.

5 Likes

Hello Friends! Thank you for joining us here on Connect for Ravi’s memorial service. I’m sure that this will be both a sad and a joyful time, as we reflect on the incredible impact that Ravi had on the world and had on each of our lives. Thank you for coming to Connect!

13 Likes

Although I never had the opportunity to meet Ravi Zacharius I was able to attend several of his lectures and services. I have read most of his writings and daily listened to his podcasts each day looking forward to new questions and deeper insights. I must confess this man influenced and mentored me in such a quiet and yet profound way. Specifically, to remember that behind every question is a questioner and as such to speak to the person and not just the topic. Enduring the current generation of Religious leaders and Philosophical thinkers this man carried the image of Christ in the most modern form. Of all of the stories he told the one I most remember concluded, speaking of Jesus, “You wear his coat well” encouraging us be like Jesus and look like Jesus so the world will know when they see Jesus. Thank you Lord for this amazing teacher, evangelist, apologist, and friend. In the words of Charles Wesley - God buries His workmen but carries on His work." Thank you Ravi Zacharius for your good works that will forever Glorify our Father in Heaven. Blessings to your family in every way along with our prayers of comfort and courage. You my friend are and will be greatly missed.

12 Likes

AMEN!!! Amen and Amen

4 Likes

What a poignant reflection from @lou.phillips that Ravi’s whole life, his ministry, his very character, pointed not to himself but beyond himself to Christ. What a testimony!

9 Likes

Grateful to have a few minutes to join in this time with you all in remembrance and gratitude for our dear brother Ravi.

7 Likes

Amen! It is Christ’s love shown through Ravi that is so inspiring. He allowed the Spirit to work through him and his ministry gives us a glimpse of the love of God and His truths. So it is with all who minister in Christ’s name. I thank God for speaking to us in this way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

So sweet.

Thank you for sharing services with us all so we could say good by too to our sweet spiritual father in Christ and brother in the work.
May all at RZIM and all its ministries continue strong for the Lords work and may Ravi’s family be held close in His arms.

7 Likes

Wow, Praise God, we’ll done Ravi. Go in grace and peace everyone. I love you all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

:heart:

4 Likes

Thank you Ravi for the life you lived and finishing well! I miss you! :hugs: :cry:
Thank you Zacharias family for sharing him with us! :heart:
Thank you Jesus for giving us hope and using Ravi to share that hope with us, may we carry it forth! :gift_heart:

13 Likes