Memorizing Philippians 2:1-2 Together

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@kelelek @Michele_Schuman @joyce_yung @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Keldon_Scott

The day has arrived. I’m so thankful for this crew that is memorizing God’s Word together. Prayer and God’s Word are so critical to our walks. May Jesus bless you in ways that you never expected as we head off on this journey together. To be clear, Kelson is not memorizing with us at this time but wished to be in the loop so please include him when you post. Thanks.

Again as a reminder, get your own system and routine and stick with it. It makes all of the difference in the world. An example of that on the down side is my routine. I was in the Philippines for over a month and I did not have a routine and not only did I not finish my memorization of Ephesians 2, which I tried to squeeze in between the conclusion of our last chapter and the start of this chapter. Not only did I struggle to keep going but I was not good at my retention of what I had already memorized. It is a negative example of the importance of a system that works for you, not only to learn the 2 new verses for the week, but to retain what you’ve learned already.

With that, here we go with Philippians 2:1-2:

Philippians 2:1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
Philippians 2:2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. (ESV)

Philippians 21 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,
Philippians 2:2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. (NIV)

I post ESV and NIV because those are the versions that those on this team used, except me who uses the RSV. Are these versions correct or does anyone use another version or do I post a version that no one uses?

I pray against all of the obstacles that will come in our way as we endeavor to do this. In Jesus’ Name.

(Aradhana Priya Mehta) #2

I usually use NKJV for learning. It’s good to go through the other translations as well. Some words are different and help understand better.

Looking forward to learn Philippians 2 with you all :slight_smile:

(joyce yung) #3

Thank you.

JY

(joyce yung) #4

Memorizing Philippians 2:1-2. It is like reading a physiology 101. God knows that we won’t be nice to each other for no reason at all and just because. We need a reason, conviction and thankful heart toward someone to be able to treat others with love.

Verse one gave us the reason

Verse two tell us what to do.

Loves these verses.

JY

(Michele Schuman) #5

@joyce_yung thank you for your insight

(joyce yung) #6

I meant to say psychology 101 :slight_smile:

I am sure you all know what I mean :slight_smile:

Joyce Yung

(Tim Ramey) #7

@joyce_yung @Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @kelelek @Keldon_Scott
Joyce, it’s funny that you corrected yourself and said that we knew what you meant because I read “psychology” the first time! I sure appreciate the interaction on passages. It opens up the verses for us all. Thanks Joyce as well as your affirmation, Michele.

(Jason Walker) #8

How can I join this with all of you?

(Jason Walker) #9

How can I join this action with all of you?

(David Cieszynski) #10

I need to join this group to please Tim.

(Tim Ramey) #11

@David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @joyce_yung @Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @kelelek @Keldon_Scott

Dear Saints
David & Jason want to join us. We welcome you with open arms!

Jason & David, we are memorizing Philippians 2 together. Every Saturday I post the next 2 verses that we are memorizing together. Please find verses 1-2 posted above. As we go along, we interject any thoughts that we have, as you can see Joyce did a few days ago. I personally am so encouraged that two more brothers wants to memorize Scripture together. We have memorized Romans 8 together. If you go back to the posts prior to memorizing that together, I had listed some thoughts that I had about what I find is helpful to memorize and retain the chapter.

If you have thoughts or questions, we’d love to hear from you.

(Tim Ramey) #12

@David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @joyce_yung @Michele_Schuman @kelelek @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Keldon_Scott

As I began my routine after beginning overseas for a month, I realized how important it was as I struggled with chapters that I had in the bag! This is just a loving reminder for those of you who memorized Romans 8. Keep reviewing it so as to not to lose what you spent weeks learning. If you’re like me, it’s amazing how quickly it can slip away. Please don’t let it.

The other thing that was apparent to me as I went over my new verses and recited my old ones was how vital His Word in our hearts is. Just to recall them resulted in such joy and peace. That was as I recalled them, but I know that His Word in our hearts direct and influence our thinking. I am so encouraged knowing that others are grappling to learn God’s Word. He will strengthen us to to it as He wants the Scriptures to be part of our very lives.

(Jason Walker) #13

Is this the scripture we are still doing this week?

(Jason Walker) #14

Is this the scripture we are still doing this week?