Memorizing Philippians 2:3-4

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@joyce_yung @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Michele_Schuman @JasonWalker @David_Cieszynski

Onward Christians soldiers! It time for the next two verses. How is it going for you? Again, a reminder to keep reviewing past memorized chapters. I have learned multiple chapters and I am stunned that, due to my lack of reviewing while out of the country, I have forgotten much of the most recent ones. I am intensifying my review as not to lose them.

Here’s our next 2 verses:
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. (ESV)

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
Philippians 2:4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.(NIV)

Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. (NKJV)

In looking ahead, I have a question that maybe will become more clearer as it is gone over repeatedly in learning the passage but it has to do with verse 3. If I m conceited, thinking I’m better that you, how do I just turn off such a notion and now I think of you better than me?

Again, anyone who wants to join, it’s not too late as you can easily catch up. You’ll be joining a most precious group.

To all 7 of you, do know that the personal issues that cause us pain, there is healing in His Word. It’s not just a magic fog that rolls over us but light as to what we should do, from repentance to catching something we never saw before. I love you guys - I truly do.

(Tim Ramey) #2

@JasonWalker
The post above is what we are on this week - Philippians 2:3-4. Each Saturday, I’ll post the next 2 verses and so on.In other words, this Saturday I’ll post Philippians 2:5-6. I hope this clears up your question, Jason.

(Jason Walker) #3

Yes it does!