Michael Deleon

(Michael) #1

Hello, my name is Michael Deleon and I am from Washington state. I heard about this site from a video of John Lennox, with host Vince Vitale who made mention of it. I don’t know if I will contribute to a conversation with intelligence or wisdom but I am always open to learn about Christ and His word.

(Billie Corbett) #2

Welcome, Michael.

I hope you will be blessed of the Lord. You can be assured, God’s desire and intention is always to bless and encourage you to trust in Him.

(Michael) #3

Thank you for your warm welcome. I look forward to hearing more from you as it seems you have many years experience with family and relationships. 19 grandchildren? That’s amazing.
Thanks again,
Michael

(Billie Corbett) #4

:blush: Yes indeed, many, many years of experience with family and relationships.
Yet, many of my family members remain outside the flock of God, so, there is a great burden of prayer, that they would be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
It is hard not to feel discouraged at times. But, thankfully, their salvation doesn’t depend on anything in me.

(Michael) #5

I completely understand both discouragement and the need for God in the lives of friends and loved ones. I struggle daily with the challenges of society, the education system, and a spiritual war that rages on, viscerally, within me. I will keep your family in my prayers.

(Billie Corbett) #6

Thank you.
As much as I covet the prayers of God’s people for unsaved loved ones…I know how hard it is to be faithful, steadfast, enduring in prayer for those within your own cirlce of care and influence (without adding a total stranger’s burdens to your prayer life.)

That being said, I too will endeavour to lift your loved ones up in prayer.

I appreciate your openness and honesty with your own feelings/struggles…living your faith while longing for (much loved) others to be added to the church. It is always encouraging to know others are pressing on in the faith, even when discouraged by little or no harvest being gathered in to the Lord’s kingdom … via labour for Him in the fields.

(Brittany Bowman) #7

Welcome to Connect, Michael. We’re blessed to have you join us. We are all learning together here- both from reading others’ responses and learning to respond well ourselves. With a heart open to learning about Christ and His word, I look forward to hearing from you on the threads!

(Michael) #8

Thank you for your warm welcome. I too look forward to having much deeper conversations about struggles with my faith here. I am so far viewing this as an altar of sorts upon which we may publicly place our perspectives in order to allow others the chance to offer a little help in analyzing their meanings. Between the word of God and the experiences of others I hope this will be a place to learn how to rationalize God’s instructions and promises.