Michael Peterson

Hello!
Where are you from?
Most people who have an idea where I live are going to be familiar with a town 8-10 minutes east of where I live (Byron, MN). A town that is home to the world famous Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN)
What led you to join Connect?
Finished the Core module, and was directed this way. I’m looking for to the interaction. One of the things about living in or near a town heavy in population with doctors and engineers (we also have an IBM remnant) is that there are a lot of people stuck on the idol of intellect. Which makes for interesting times when that intellect is on the line.

How do you hope to contribute?
I hope to participate and engage others in discussions strengthening understanding

6 Likes

Hey Michael, welcome about the vessel called Connect! It’s good to travel with another Minnesotan. I grew up in SE Rochester - near Mayo Park. My wife and I live in Grand Marais MN. Enjoy the ride…

4 Likes

Welcome to connect Michael. I look forward to learning from you.

4 Likes

Hello, Michael! :slightly_smiling_face: It is wonderful to hear you have gotten to know those around you so deeply, and it sounds like you are in a neat position to shine Christ’s light. I look forward to hearing more from you- it sounds like you have had some neat experiences and perspectives in your witness.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @mapeterson42. So glad to have you with us. Believe it or not, I will be not so far from you on July 10. My wife and I are driving to Minnesota. My folks have a cottage by Big Sandy up north. My boys are flying in from Phoenix. So looking forward to that.

Awesome that you are another academy alum joining us. I think your input will be so helpful to many. Please contribute as often as time permits. If there are questions or comments, please feel free to comment here, or send PM directly. Glad to help. God bless your journey.

3 Likes

Hi Michael! @mapeterson42
So interesting your take on living near so many “stuck on the idol of intellect” - isn’t that something how something so good- (intelligence) can actually be something to hinder us from God- if not used to His glory.
Down the road, I’d love to hear how some of your talks go with these friends- as you feel led to share :blush:

3 Likes

I feel bad because I joined, and then went offline as I went on vacation. :slight_smile:
Thanks for all of the welcomes.

3 Likes

No problem. Dont feel bad. Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. They are very often very needed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes