Michael Pietramala

Hello…

Where are you from?
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

What led you to join Connect?
I am presently enrolled in the Core Module Apologetics course offered by the RZIM Academy. I listened to a lecture given by my fellow Italian, Dr. Vince Vitale, on how and why Jesus died, and “the significance of Jesus’s death”. Our moderator asked the question, “Based on Mathew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 did Jesus stop being God on the cross?” I answered, “No, Jesus did not stop being God on the cross”. I was looking into this question further when I came across a brilliant answer given by SeanO
on RZIM Connect. And here I am!

How do you hope to contribute?
Undoubtedly, I will have numerous questions on a broad range of topics. But I also want to contribute by offering my perspective on a topic and, at the same time, offering my answers to other people’s questions.

10 Likes

Hello, Michael, and welcome to Connect. It’s wonderful to hear how @SeanO’s answer built on what you learned in the Academy. I hope you will continue to be part of our community, and I look forward to hearing more of your questions.

5 Likes

@MAP Welcome to Connect! So glad you are joining us here and look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and questions. May the Lord Jesus bless you as you grow in the grace and knowledge of Him :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, Brittany and Sean. I am thrilled and blessed to join both of you, and the other brothers and sisters in Christ who are members of RZIM Connect. May our Lord Jesus continue to bless you.

6 Likes

Wonderful! Welcome @MAP, we are thankful you are here and thankful you found what you needed from @SeanO! He loves helping people and it shows :pray:t2: Feel free to ask those questions and share your perspective as well. I really hope to see you engaging :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you Sig! I am very thankful also, and blessed, to be a member of RZIM Connect.
God bless,

Mike

3 Likes

Hello Michael!
I just finished the core module last week, and you have so much to look forward to!
I wish you well on your journey, and blessings to you!

1 Like

Hi Michael. Thanks for reaching out. I have been an admirer of Ravi for some years, and was excited to see a community like Connect. My Christian journey has been a somewhat strange one.

From drunken junkie militant atheist to new age AA’er smoking pot and lots of cigarettes to rigid beginning Bible cultist to legalistic SDA to grace fanatic to growing child of the KIng. With lots of stops and deviations in between.

Just saying that amazes me once again at how patient our perfect Dad has been with me, and folks like me.

You wrote:
“Undoubtedly, I will have numerous questions on a broad range of topics. But I also want to contribute by offering my perspective on a topic and, at the same time, offering my answers to other people’s questions.”

That is a great description of my intent here also. I can answer some questions for some folks and i need some questions clarified and the deeper answers only the Spirit can impart – don’t we all…

I’ll look for your postings. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your message. Our Lord and Saviour does work in mysterious ways! I too had my challenges. I’ve had Crohn’s disease since I was 17 years old. I was on painkillers like Oxycodone for years. I became an addict. When I couldn’t get a refill for the Oxycodone I drank vodka. I became an alcoholic as well. Then, one evening, when I ran out of my pain meds, and my doctor’s office was closed, I phoned a pharmacy posing as my doctor. The police arrived at the pharmacy and arrested me for “Personation with intent”. When I appeared before the judge at court, he told me that he should have given me a 2 year sentence. But he didn’t; he gave me 1 year probation instead. The Lord walked with me during this terrible time in my life. Prior to all of this I was a prideful person, who looked down on people who had addiction problems, and those people who were criminals. The Lord allowed me to to continue to make my own bad decisions. I became that which I once had despised: a drug addict, an alcoholic, and a criminal. The Lord’s love, grace and foregiveness knows no bounds. Today he has given me the privilege of ministering to drug addicts, alcoholics and people who have committed crimes. I no longer identify myself as a drug addict, alcoholic or a criminal. Jesus Christ is my identity. He made me a new person. Thank you Jesus for changing your life, Dean, and my life. We belong to The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. We are brothers in Christ Jesus! Amen! I look forward to sharing our thoughts, beliefs and challenges in a world that’s crumbling before us. How do we help the lost and the suffering in a world which has digressed to the point where the popular belief is that life has no meaning and no purpose?

God bless you,

Mike

1 Like

It is great to meet one of my “tribe” here, among all the other brothers and sisters of the Family. I do still identify myself as an “alcoholic” or “addict” in meetings but i make sure to occasionally define what i mean by that.

My definition for being a alcoholic (/addict) is that i am: “a beloved, adopted, child of God, temporarily living in a body which bears the disease of alcoholism (/addiction).” And i invite others to “steal” that definition if they are really drawn to it…

Bet you could agree with it, at least partially, you kid of the King! Of course, He might have actually healed us physically already so that we could drink again, but as i think you will agree, there is absolutely no good reason to test that out – His Life is too much fun!

By the way, Cheryl Smith is also interested in recovery-oriented folks. You might want to say “Welcome” if you haven’t yet. And i plan to start a new related topic, if i can get the Heavenly Green Light to do so…

Thanks Dean. Awesome message! I will touch base with Cheryl.
Blessings,
Mike

Glad to see a response, Michael. DId i send you an invitation to the topic “Jesus in the 12 Step fellowships?” ?

It’s in the Daily Evangelism area. Let me know what you think about it. Thanks.

Hi Dean,
No, I didn’t receive an invitation to that topic. I would appreciate it if you would send it to me. Thanks Dean!

Mike

1 Like