Micheal Akande

Hello

I’m from Nigeria

I was motivated to join after listening to a talk by Dr Sharon Dircks - “Am I just my brain?”

I would love to participate in discussions that show how we can reconcile scientific researches especially in the study of the brain and mind to theology. I also hope to participate in theological discussions that show how we can present the christian faith to the world of unsaved intellectuals.

8 Likes

Welcome to Connect Michael! There are many avenues to communicating with unbelievers, and the scientific path is a big one. It is wonderful that we have many learned people to help us understand sciences and God’s truths together! I pray you find the conversations here fruitful! :blush:

3 Likes

Hello Michael and welcome. I also found Dr Sharon Dircks talks on this subject very interesting and certainly seems a much newer area of research. Great to read of your passion for also presenting Christianity to people of a more scientific or intellectual bent. I think you will find this platform a great place to pose questions and to discuss these topics :slightly_smiling_face:.

Blessings

3 Likes

Thank you Carrie :blush:

2 Likes

Much thanks Brian! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome aboard @mike19. It’s good to have you joining from Nigeria. I don’t know if you have run into a friend of mine John @WorshipGod yet on Connect but I’m sure he will welcome you soon. He is fron Nigeria too. I hope you enjoy the discussions and learn a lot. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Hello Michael, welcome to the forum, I am from West Virginia USA. That topic sounds fascinating I look forward to the ensuing discussions about it all. I cant add much to it but am excited to read, listen all about it.
Do you have a link you can share for Dr Dircks teaching? God bless my brother
Mike

2 Likes

@mike19 Welcome! Your post reminds me of one of my favorite assertions: “I may be smart, but I am not stupid!” A degree does not impart wisdom. I look forward to hearing more from you!

1 Like

Thank you mike.
Here’s a link:

2 Likes

Alright Brendan.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Welcome Michael! I have many friends in Nigeria and now you are added to the list. Thank you for sharing how you came to this ministry. I have not heard the presentation you mentioned, but it sounds as if it addresses the main obstacle nonbelievers (and some mature believers) put up. I have several relatives who consider themselves to be highly intellectual and view faith in God as a crutch for the weak and stupid. I will look for this presentation, thanks to you, and hope to gain a better understanding. Again, welcome!

3 Likes