Michelle

Thank you, me too I felt fascinated about different people from different parts of the world experiencing God and arriving at the same conclusion that salvation comes from accepting christ died for us. I was raised catholic but I never understood why jesus died for us, it was taught at school but I couldnt grasp the why part. It was only way back 2016 that Ive experienced the conviction of sins. It was so intense that Ive already thought about commiting suicide. Because I was raised catholic I was taught about hell so I got scared but I wasnt sure God existed so I asked him if he existed. There was alot of crying, bitterness, anger, guilt, depression involve. Then I drag myself to our computer and typed " why doesnt God care/or why he shows himself to others but not to me" (i forgot the exact words I typed ) and the passage Ive read was in Romans 9:11 “before they had yet been born or had done anything, good or bad, in order that God’s elective plan might continue, 12not by works but by his call—she was told, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13As it is written:“I loved Jacob but hated Esau.” And then after that I understood the why… I felt like water was poured on top of my head accompanied by clarity and amazement:)

5 Likes

Thank you, I dont really know how I could contribute but I want to learn , when I watch Ravi , nabeel and francis chen I always think their so cool…I pray I could defend and share my faith like them

3 Likes

That’s great, Michelle. I’d love to learn more of what stands out to you in their videos. Feel free to share a link to one of your favorite videos, and maybe even post some points/questions that stood out to you. Might spark an interesting conversation!

4 Likes

Welcome, Michelle! @Mich2016
So glad you’ve joined us :blush:

3 Likes

Hell0 @Mich2016 welcome! I have already been inspired by reading your genuine, heartfelt responses. You are going to be such a blessing here :heart: I pray God will pour out His wisdom,
knowledge and understanding on you and bless your zeal for Him and others. So thankful you are here :pray:

5 Likes

Michelle, expect more of the same. If Jesus had followers leave Him, we can’t expect people will flock to Him because of our logic. I feel that the underlying issue is the original sin - we wanted to be like God. So even we can find Christians with one foot in their religion and one foot in the world but it doesn’t work. it is one or the other. And when I mean religion I actually am saying relationship - with Jesus.

I don’t even know you but I am proud of you that you have had the courage to take this big step for you. Quite frankly, it’s easy to take our beliefs in a corner where it is safe.

Nabeel was such a blessing to me as well. Also, you might like John Lennox too.

Michelle, you might want to click on How and Why to Memorize Scripture. We have two threads, one for memorization and one for prayer. Check it out.

3 Likes

Thank you! Im glad I joined too!

2 Likes

Hi Michelle! Welcome :smiley: I am also from here Philippines lives in Naga City right now, studied in Manila. You will learn so much from this group and I am telling you will be more interested about the holy bible when you read the topics and other questions that we certainly ask while seeking the Lord Jesus Christ and since God is always faithful and true I believe that this group is God’s vehicle for us to learn. Been praying for RZIM everyday in my quite time with the Lord.

God speed Michelle! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Kabayan! I was wondering if there was any Filipinos here, yes Iam hoping to learn alot, Iam currently focusing on reading the bible and joined a scripture memorizing group here in connect. I live in San Fernando Pampanga :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Michelle! Welcome to Connect. I live in Manila. I’d be happy to get in touch with you. The ministry I’m a part of is hosting a one-day conference on Saturday, June 22 with speakers from the RZIM team. You can search for the event on Facebook: “Loud Absence: God, Evil, Pain & Suffering.” Hope you can make it! Look for me!

2 Likes

@Kristina_G @Mich2016 @MC_Flores

Michelle, I welcomed you earlier. I was wondering if you three knew of any Filipinos in Davao? I go there every year for some time working with some Tagakaulo nationals. I also go to the Children’s Shelter in Cebu so if you know anyone from there, it would be nice to connect as well. It’d be nice to connect in Connect! I do love your country and people.

1 Like

Hello @Tim_Ramey!
Thank you for loving and serving my countrymen. You are a Pinoy at :heart:
I am originally from Cagayan de Oro, in the northern part of Mindanao and speak Bisaya. I also have friends in Cebu and Davao. However, I am not familiar with Tagakaulo nationals :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I take a look at it! Glad to meet fellow Filipinos here!

1 Like

My mothers side of the family are from mindanao but all of them relocated to Manila. Iam sorry I couldnt be of help. Most of them (my moms side are practicing budhism sometimes they go to a catholic church but not often ). In fact I just cried because I prayed to God to save my dad because his health isnt that good he smokes alot… I caught him watching a documentary on the life of Jesus in youtube. And he made fun of Jesus and my younger brother joined in…

1 Like

Welcome Michelle. You’re in the right place to learn about evangelism :smiley

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kristina_G
Thanks, Kristina for replying. I speak some Bisaya but I need to improve! The Tagakaulo are in the mountains primarily. Jun & Regina are such dear friends and a Godly couple.

@Mich2016
Michelle, at about post #10 I wrote about a group of us that memorizes scripture and prays - two different threeads Your family sure needs prayer. Consider joining us.

Michelle I am originally from Pangasinan but because of work I was assigned here in Bicol region and true enough God knows best for me I have come to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour when I started my life here in Naga City and that is the best thing that happened to me! I love how respectful the people are here in answering questions I really enjoy and learning so much. God bless!
:heart:

1 Like

Hi! Been in Cebu for few times but only for conference my former company sponsored as well as in Davao. It is good to know that you spend time to come here in the Philippines and help my beloved countrymen. Praying for you and your unselfish love for coming here. I myself is a sunday school teacher since I have this much love for kids and they mesmerize me whenever I see them and all the more that I appreciate how wonderful God for them such adorable and cute beings.
God bless you!

Much love,
Marie