Michelle's greeting

Greeting in Christ brothers and sisters!

I am a new born Christian from mainland, China.

I want to learn more about God and make friends with His children. This path of faith is not a lonely one, but one with support and reminders from other followers!

16 Likes

Welcome to the RZIM connect and to the family of God, @Michelle_W !

Praise the Lord that we are never alone! This community is definitely an amazing place to interact and encourage one another in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. Please join in as you’re able! It’s great to have you joining us and I’ll look forward to more communications. :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome @Michelle_W! I’m glad you decided to join us! This is a great, safe community to ask questions and learn. Feel free to contribute to any conversation as you feel led :smiley:

God bless you as you seek Him more!
-Joanna

6 Likes

Thank you sister!
Blessings!

4 Likes

Thank you sister!
I feel blessed to know and join this community!

5 Likes

Welcome to RZIM Connect @Michelle_W

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Michelle_W. I believe you have come to the right place. Thank you for joining us from China. I hope this forum will be a place for you to visit frequently and participate. Please enjoy the categories and God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Welcome to RZIM Connect @Michelle_W

I would love to hear how you came to Christ! Welcome to the Family of GOD❤️ It is the best family anyone could ask for with a tender ABBA Father Who cares for His own.

This is just the place for what you are seeking to participate in. I am glad to see you join and look forward to your participation😊
Philippians 1:9-11

5 Likes

Welcome Michelle!

1 Like

Welcome Michelle! I am currently learning Mandarin. So for me Chinese culture is very interesting best of luck!

4 Likes

Hi Julian! Hope you enjoy learning the language and the culture!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family of God. It always blesses my heart to see that we have a new member of our family.
In His Love,
Terri

3 Likes

Hi Michelle,

You are on the path to an exciting journey with blessings in this life and for eternity, I have a new daughter-in-law who was also born and raised in Main land China. She and my son have been married for two years and are very happy. We love Shuxia, our daughter-in-law, very much–she is a kind and wonderful person and currently working as a nurse in a hospital. I haven’t discussed the Christian worldview with her much yet but briefly asked her and my son some questions about their worldview and beliefs as part of a core course assignment at RZIM. She received her degree from a University in our city and my son is a research scientist who was raised a Christian but frankly has been on again and off again with his belief. I have been working on writing a small booklet about why consider the Christian worldview for people I counsel (I am a lay counselor at a very large church) and hope to share it with my son and daughter-in-law at some point. May I ask what was your worldview was before becoming a Christian and do you have any suggestions about how to approach talking to her about our worldview? I look forward to seeing other posts from you and exchanging thoughts and ideas. God bless and good luck.

4 Likes

Hi @Michelle_W

Welcome. God bless.

1 Like

@dwetzel2
Greetings from China!
Thanks for welcoming me and the questions!
I am more than happy to share my thoughts regarding the worldview before I knew Lord Jesus Christ. As a Chinese, I was immersed in the culture of “kind of believing there is some God”. The concept of god has been there through literature works such as Journey To The West. Even though, the education here advocates atheism, most Chinese people (consciously or unconsciously) believe there is a god or maybe gods. We even have a saying “The gods are watching” (you can show Shuxia this Chinese version of the saying and ask her opinion about it: 举头三尺有神明). Most people want to be good and tend to believe there will be a return for both good and bad deeds. Chinese people are open to different belief as long as they don’t feel pushed by some aggressive believers.
I am sorry because I actually don’t have any helpful suggestion for you. I think the love you are showing her is very essential. In China, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-low relationship is very hard to deal with, I guess your love and care to for is already saying something. Maybe start talking about Chinese culture with her and try to get an idea about how she sees the world, sin, and justice? I have noticed that even I am in China with Chinese people around me in my life, our perception and understanding about life is so different that sometimes I feel I am one of the odd balls.

At last, I pray God gives you more wisdom to share the Gospel and opens the heart of your son and Shuxia because it is His work that people are saved!
Let me know if there is anything I can help : )

Blessings!
Michelle

4 Likes

Welcome to connect @Michelle_W! We’re glad to have you with us and it’s nice to meet a fellow sister in Christ from mainland China. God bless you more!:blush::heart:

3 Likes

Good Morning Michelle and thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. I agree with your comment about being careful not to be pushy and aggressive when discussing beliefs. I try to leave engaging in “debates” about beliefs and religion (even among different Christian denominations) to others who make this their life long work. I enjoy discussing things with people and learning about their point of view and don’t find debating such things as beneficial for most relationships. I will share the Chinese version of the saying that you forwarded to me with my daughter-in-law. Also, I have ordered the book, Journey to the West, and will read it.

Again, many thanks for your reply and comments. If I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to reach out. I would enjoy staying in touch with you and sharing thoughts from time to time.

4 Likes

你好 Michelle,

I took one semester of Mandarin, therefore, it is great to see you here on the RZIM Connect welcome! Yes, the Christian walk was meant for community, so I’m glad you joined.

May the Lord bless you and keep you as you continue to walk with Him.

All the best,
Emily

2 Likes

Good morning from China sister!

Hope you enjoyed the Mandarin course!
Thanks for the welcome and it is also my pleasure to meet Christians who are interested in Chinese culture.

God bless!
Michelle

2 Likes

Very Welcome, Michelle!
From Peru, South America!
Blessings, Aldo

2 Likes