Monica Jozwiak

Good afternoon. May the Lords peace and blessings be with each of you today.
I was born and raised Southern California, but currently reside (15 years) in Oklahoma with my husband and three teenage children.
I have known Christ all of my life, but became a follower of Christ 11 years ago. Many of my husbands family are either atheists, agnostics, or nominal believers. My husband believes in Jesus but beyond asking for help when he needs it does not have a relationship with our Savior. I love to know what makes people tick, why they believe what they believe, and how it is different from my beliefs. But everything was from an observation not interaction standpoint.
My Pastor has been teaching over the past 5 years of being the lead Pastor about the need for us to live in community. Two years ago I felt God really laying on my heart the need I had for community so I joined a small group and then a woman’s groups. Through community I have grown by looking into my faith and taking a stand for what I believe. And now I am learning to delve into the deeper topics of faith with respectful dialog. To share passionately my beliefs while still maintains the integrity of the other person. Over the past year and a half I have listened to various debates and lectures from the RZIM team. I am learning to ask questions more than I talk and to process this in comparing it with my own world view. I have learned a great more by my mistakes than my achievements.
My pursuit is to be prepared to give an answer for the hope I have in Christ and to answer others questions over faith and life. To be able to share with others the interwoven beauty of faith and life.

3 Likes

Hi @Monicajozwiak, thank you for such an inspiring introduction, welcome :pray:t3: You have already blessed me and I trust you will be a blessing to others. I look forward to reading more from you as you engage here in the conversations. Enjoy browsing and feel free to share your insight :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Monicajozwiak. So glad to see you connecting with us. I really appreciate your candor and transparency. Thank you for sharing. It gives us a little glimpse into your journey. I pray that God blesses your interaction in your local community is well is the community here. I think that you will find my answers ideas and care with the members who posed here. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.