Move from discover to finding Jesus

Move From Discover To Finding Jesus!

So I can understand by reading this for the first time you might think what is this guy talking about, how can you discover Jesus and then move to finding Jesus or maybe this guy is cooked because discover and find is the same thing.

Well at first hand it does look the same. Discover and find, but here is what I found out just in short. Discover is the synonym of find. Whether used as a noun, we discover something and we find something valuable but the best for me and the whole point of this is, when used as a verb, to find something is to also encounter and that is how we will move from discovering to finding Jesus.

From a young age I can remember going to church and discovering Jesus there and then again at Sunday school and then afterwards I would go home and make nothing of it. Hearing all the sermons or the lessons on Sunday, discovering all these miracles God has done and even the resurrection, and the story of Noah but never actually finding Jesus because afterwards, I would make nothing of it.

Then there were also the Youth Night’s and the Cell Groups where we would all get together to discover more of Jesus. We used to pray together and would worship together, but still never finding Jesus because that is where it would stop.

After doing all of those things like Youth Night’s or Church I left whatever I would discover about Jesus there at that night, and then for the rest of the week, I would go on with just that knowledge of God from what I had learnt that night or day.

In doing this, I always knew of God or I always knew about the things that I discovered of God. I discovered that there is a God and that we can pray to Him and that God created us and caused the big flood and there was a cross and what not.

I even used what I knew, to ask God for things when it was bad, and to complain to God when thing’s were worse. I was even blind to the times when God was faithful and I wasn’t faithful or even deserving.

The thing is we were never meant to just go to church or youth group to just discover about God. We weren’t created to just say that we have discovered God. We we were created to find Jesus, or as I had said previously, when used as a verb, is to encounter God and to have a relationship with God.

In Acts 17:27 it says;
“God did this so that men would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.”

God tells us that not only did He create us to find or encounter Him, but that He is and was always near to us, to be there for us and that God is ready for when we call and reach out to Him to move from discover to finding Him.

Luke 11:9-10 tells us; “9. So I say to you: ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
10. For everyone who asks receives, He who seeks finds and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.”

God tells us that if we move from discover to seeking His face, that we will find Him. If we knock He will open for us so that we may encounter Him. The more we seek God, the more we find Him and then the more we will find God’s wonderful mercy and grace and God’s unconditional love. We will see more and we will find out who He is and what God’s purpose is for all of us.

One thing I do know for sure is that it has to be intentional. You will have to seek his face every day so that the things of this world don’t get to you.

Deuteronomy 4:29 puts it this way “If you seek the Lord your God you will find Him, if you look for Him with all your heart and all your soul.”

You see, we have to seek God to find him. We have to take what we discover about God everytime in church and then go and find God and seek him and build on those discoveries of God to build an everlasting and eternal relationship with our loving Father.

My prayer for you out there is that you would move from not just discovering the greatness of God, but to find them for yourself. To encounter God in the way that He created us to find him, so that our loving Father can have a relationship with you and free you from whatever it may be that you are struggling with.

God loves you and He cares for you. God sees you. Call out to Him and seek Him and God will set you free in Jesus’s name I pray, AMEN.

Francois, thank you for your comments. I understand where you are coming from. My experience of discovering and finding Jesus parallels your experience somewhat. I was raised in a church, did a lot of the things you did, but didn’t have a personal relationship with Jesus. I think many of us can relate to what you are saying. We need to seek Him and connect with Him. When I trusted Christ I was overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks you for your comment really apreciate it and hope it can help even more people on there journey. I and its amazing how much a person lives can change when we do find out more about what God wants from us and how he can give it to us.

1 Like