My first post-Hello!

Say hello…
Hi to all you wonderful people!

Where are you from?
I am currently in Cranbrook, Kent, UK

What led you to join Connect?
I did the short course but in a bit of a rush so am hoping to go over the videos again. I have listened to RZIM podcasts for several years and have really appreciated the sound theology and logic so I was really excited to actually do a course!

How do you hope to contribute?
I’m happy to chip in to encourage or challenge: Ephesians 4:29-“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”

6 Likes

Welcome to Connect Mark! So how did you like the short course? I took it as well and thought it was a wonderful sample of what the academy courses are like. I am so glad you got to participate! :smile:

We are so happy to have you join us, and that verse in Ephesians you shared is perfect! It could be one of the theme verses for this forum! Have a wonderful day and I look forward to meeting you again in some future conversations. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mac Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Hi to you too @Mac, welcome to connect :slightly_smiling_face: From what you can remember, what would you say was your most profound lesson in the course? Great reminder in the verse you quoted! I was just having a conversation with the Lord about my own heart. How I think, what I say to myself and others. Praying the Lord would help me to see with the lens of Jesus :latin_cross: I need to be reminded of that every day :pray:t3:
Enjoy browsing through connect, feeling free to share your insight :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome @Mac - look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Mac I attended a wedding in Kent about 30 years ago :joy:
I still have a lot of family living there. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Hi there @mac welcome to the group, may God bless you on your journey and give you lots of patience to not rush🙂

2 Likes

Nice to meet you @Mac! Welcome to Connect! Like @sig said - great reminder in the verse you shared :slight_smile: Look forward to your contributions in our community!

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement.
@sig: I think one of the most profound things was something that Ravi said right at the beginning, that we must be careful to not just answer the questions but see what’s really at the heart of the matter, we need to ‘bridge the head to the heart’. It’s a trap I have fallen into before where it seems like we’re in a fight between who’s right and who’s wrong and we want to win. The danger is we don’t see what the questioner is going through, where they’re coming from.
So, that was a good reminder for me!

3 Likes

Welcome Mark! I did the short course too… it was super wasn’t it! :slightly_smiling_face:
Blessings, Simon

1 Like

Hello Mark, from your neighbor and friend across the pond. Welcome to the connect forum. Yes those kind words speak to what RZIM is all about. The search for truth in a respectful, caring way. Thank you for joining and sharing in the journey.
Mike

2 Likes

HI Mark… anyone from Cranbrook must be a great guy! I’m from Cranbrook, British Columbia …. way out across the pond, actually we’re closer to the other pond, the Pacific Ocean!
I got involved with RZIM and OCCA in July 2018. Terrific organization and worthy of your time and treasurer. Get involved and stay engaged… your faith and effectiveness will grow!

1 Like

Welcome Mac,

Hello from the USA, I have always wondered, does it rain :umbrella: in Cranbrook, Kent, UK as much as the stories portray or do you actually get a respite from the rain? :closed_umbrella:

Congratulations on completing the short course. :medal_sports: I was so excited when I heard RZIM was offering a short course, it allows the participant to encounter the rich teaching in a compact, small commitment way.
I do feel however, it makes the in-depth core module course that much more desirable, once you start, you will want to take all the elective courses RZIM offers. :books:

We look forward to your “chips” of encouragement and challenges. :tulip:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t realise there was another Cranbrook in Canada @adyck! It makes you wonder how that happened. However, @HopeforLife1, the weather over here isn’t too bad. It’s not that it rains a lot, it’s just changeable. On Sunday I got a little sunburnt in 24 degC heat :sunny: (75 degF) but today it’s been raining and about 14 degC :cloud_with_rain: (57 degF). That’s why it’s green over here in Kent-‘The Garden of England’. :bouquet:
Perhaps I might do the Core Module one day, just a little busy right now, but thanks for the recommendation and encouragement.

1 Like

Welcome Mark, and nice to meet you :slightly_smiling_face:!

1 Like

Welcome to RZIM Connect Mark @Mac I am so happy to meet you.

1 Like