My Journey from Hinduism to the Cross

My life began on the outskirts of India. I was an eight-year-old girl going to a Hindu temple every day for years. I was not a joyful child or an adult. In my twenties, about this time in November, I had some friends invite me to Thanksgiving dinner, I didn’t go. Then they invited me for Christmas Eve dinner, I decided to go! We had dinner and a discussion about God started, suddenly before I realized, it was 2 AM! I took the Bible home that they gave me. Read Genesis and Revelation as I decided to read the introduction and conclusion to get an overview of the Bible. Starting around 2 am on that day I read, then finished around 6 am and called my friends feeling confused! My friends invited me over for breakfast, they talked to me about the Old Testament prophecies and how they came true in the New Testament. We kept meeting for 4 days for 12 hours a day as they were trying to show me that the Biblical events happened in reality. On the 4th day, I pressured the friends to show me how to convert. I look back and realize how God humbled me during the years prior.

As a new believer, I did not have a strong foundation. I read the Bible but it was about knowledge, not spiritual growth. I am blessed to have many mature Christians over the years who help me grow. I am seeing the fruit of the Spirit in me and others who have known me before I came to Christ have also commented on how I am different. Looking back it’s amazing how the Lord has transformed me. I am thankful that I am forgiven and loved by God, which leads me to love and serve God and others more. I came to believe in my heart that Jesus is interceding for me 24-hours a day and He wants my life to be used for His glory and for my sanctification. I now have the pleasure of reading, praying, and listening to the Lord daily with discernment and humility. If you are a newer believer or seeking, I am praying for you to experience God’s love and kindness towards you. The above is a brief testimony of God’s faithfulness in taking a broken person and giving an abundant and joyful life in Him :blush:

21 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring journey to faith in Jesus. It was a blessing to read and I trust it will minister to many :latin_cross:

4 Likes

Welcome, @shiva316! I can tell from your story and have a passion and zeal for God! I love it. Keep that flame!

4 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement @Joshua_Hansen

I am excited to getting know all of you and grow together

3 Likes

@sig
Thank you! It was my pleasure and glory to the Lord! Thank you for being a wonderful encourager

4 Likes

@shiva316, So glad to have you on Connect with your passion for the Lord. Its encouraging to see how God used the patience and prayers of your friends along with His Word to bring you to new life in Christ. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Wow! What an inspiring story! It’s amazing how God led you to His fold, dear! God bless you and may He continue to help you grow in Him daily. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Joshua_Hansen

1 Like

Wow @shiva316! :astonished: Your testimony is truly beautiful and incredibly inspiring. :heartpulse:
Thank you so much for sharing, you are such an encouragement. Praying God’s continued guidance and blessings over your life always sister, please let me know how I can better pray for you! :pray:t4:

1 Like

Isaiah 41 verse 9. I took you from the ends of the Earth, from it’s farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘you are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

How beautiful it is to have the Lord Shiva.

@eminikel
Thank you Elizabeth for your encouraging post and prayers :smile: God is so awesome that I didn’t have words to describe my love for Him. I would love prayer for improved relational skills to engage with all kinds of people with Christians and seekers. God has been showing me how ability to relate to others has a direct impact on how I minister to others. And for my upcoming final papers due for this semester at seminary. Is there anything else specifically I can pray for you? Have a blessed Thanksgiving! :pray:

@Russmash1
Thank you Russell for the encouraging verse, I love the next verse 41:10 as well. Glory to our faithful Lord! Happy thanksgiving!

2 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving @shiva316!
I am lifting your prayer requests to the Lord right now sister! Thank you so much for your kind response- God is certainly using you in mighty ways! Yes, please pray for me as I reach out to those in my neighborhood! :heartpulse:

1 Like

@eminikel
Hi Elizabeth, I definitely will be praying

1 Like