My Name Is Dion Meir Berlowitz

Say hello…Hi my name is Dion.

Where are you from? I live in rural Wisconsin USA. My office is in Chicago.

What led you to join Connect? Have been watching the videos.

How do you hope to contribute? As a Jewish believer in Christ and an ordained Presbyterian minister I might have a slightly different take on the gospel. One of my heroes is William Tyndale who had the first published use of the word “evangelical” in English: “Proceed constantly in the evangelical truth”.

4 Likes

Wow.

Welcome to RZIM Connect. :smiley:

Hi @Dion, it’s such a blessing to have you here, welcome :pray:t3:
I look forward to reading your thoughts and insight as you engage here with us. Take care and enjoy browsing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Dion. Thank you for joining connect. Your experiences should be very helpful here. I had looked forward to reading your posts. Have you enjoyed the videos that you have watched? Enjoy the discussions and the comaraderie. God-bless you and your journey.

Hi Dion, and welcome!

Right off the bat your post is intriguing! I wonder if you might expound some on how being a Jewish believer in Christ has allowed you a different take on the Gospel; and in what ways?

I look forward to hearing your perspective.

Yours in Christ,
Jeremy

2 Likes

Hello Dion, it is great to meet you. Yes I am sure we will be enlightened as your share your perspective on the Gospel. I have interacted with a few Messianic Jewish minister friends and there unique way of looking at our Savior. Thank you for sharing your time with us. Be safe.
Mike

2 Likes

Greetings and welcome from a neighbor in Chicago.

1 Like

I’m new to “social media” and basically use the internet for work purposes so hope I do not make too many blunders. As a 65 year old I’m not as internet savvy as I could be,

I was very pleased with the hearty welcomes from this community. However, my first blunder may have been to use the phrase “a slightly different take on the gospel” - this may be too strong. There are a number of books that talk about the Jewish Christian experience better than I could, including Volume 2/2 of Karl Barth’s Church Dogmatics.

What I meant by that phrase was simply that as a person who spent eight years in the professional ministry I never felt that I quite fit in. One really cool thing about the videos is that I see so many people of different ethnic, national and religious backgrounds sharing the gospel. This is so encouraging!

I asked Christ into my life at age 17 during the height of the Jesus Movement. Years later my mother received Christ during an invitation given by Earl Palmer at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. I am looking forward to seeing her in heaven. My father, a well known geneticist and still alive, has always described himself as an atheist. But he has a strong interest in Biblical archeology and taught me that the Hebrew Scriptures actually make sense when talking about medical matters.

Anyway, thanks again!

3 Likes

hello Dion… nice to meet you :relaxed: