My name is Lara, happy to join!

(Lara S.) #1

Say hello…Hi Everyone! My name is Lara. Excited to be here!

Where are you from? I am from Oakland, California born and raised currently living in Pasadena, California working as a School Counselor for the past 19 years. I am also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.

What led you to join Connect? My mom introduced me to Ravi’s radio program years ago. I have been an avid listener to every radio program/podcast ever since. I’ve gleaned so much from the entire RZIM team and the thought of becoming a small part of it has encouraged me to join in the fun!

How do you hope to contribute? I am a good listener and am eager to be a part of a community of believers worldwide who want to continue to make Christ known. I hope to come alongside those who desire to be encouraged as they seek answers to questions in their work for the kingdom.

8 Likes
(Sieglinde) #2

Welcome @Lara your excitement is contagious :slightly_smiling_face: RZIM has been a blessing to so many. Enjoy engaging in conversations with people from all over the globe. I am sure you will be a great asset to this forum.

4 Likes
(Timothy Tambie) #3

A warm welcome to you Lara :grinning:

4 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #4

Welcome to Connect, Lara. :smiley: How wonderful to hear of your heart for the hurting, both students and families. I am thankful the students have a Christian to listen and walk with them. Looking more to hearing more from you!

4 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #5

Hi Lara! @Lara
Welcome to Connect!
So glad you’ve joined us…
Your experience in counseling and really listening to others will be such an asset to our community.
Enjoy finding your way around the forums and topics :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Lara S.) #6

Thanks Brittany, I do have a heart for the hurting and if, in some small way, I can be of service, I will do it. Happy to be here for sure.

3 Likes
(Lara S.) #7

Thank you sig! I want to serve here however I can - if you know of ways to help me engage, I’ll take suggestions :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’ll check out some discussions . . .

4 Likes
(Lara S.) #8

Thanks Heidi! I am learning how to navigate this site and figure things out. I’ve joined a few groups. What would you suggest?

3 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #9

Hi Lara!
Yeah, I love the Daily Evangelism category - but, really, just clicking on “new” will bring up any new topics and conversations going on across the board :slight_smile:

That helps me keep up with seeing new questions. Love it!

Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Brian Fritz) #10

Glad to see another person from education on summer break, aka, “soul therapy” from those intense days school counselors endure. Kudos!
I just got here to RZIM Conncect today. What a spectrum of people and topics. Hope you find some gems, they seem to be everywhere!
Shalom,
Brian

3 Likes
(Brian Lalor) #11

Welcome Lara! I learned during the core module the importance of listening. If you are good at this you are far ahead of the game! Somebody once told me to listen for emotion first, content second. I am looking forward to learning with you in Connect.

4 Likes
(Sieglinde) #12

Hi @Lara! You can look at the various topics (click on the 3 lines top right of the screen by your profile pic) in Daily Evangelism, Christian Growth or Bible Questions etc. You will also see the site tutorial. You can either start a topic or respond to the topics if you feel you want to engage. You can also use the “search” to type in a question or word and that will bring up the various topics.
I hope that helps, I am no real tech savvy :nerd_face:

3 Likes
(Lara S.) #13

Thank you, Brian - totally! I am having fun here so far! See you around!

(Lara S.) #14

Hi Brian! You are so correct. I appreciate your Welcome :slight_smile:

(Godsgift ) #15

Welcome Lara. We’re glad to have you.

1 Like