Support RZIM Connect

My Question: Conversation Starters

Hi everyone,
What kind of statements should I look for in a conversation that I can use to share the Gospel? What kind of questions should I ask to prompt such a conversation?

6 Likes

Hi Joseph

It is certainly a question that I have asked myself many times over the years. I understand the heart of your question to want to share the gospel in a way that flows naturally in conversation. When you and the other person can be relaxed in your discussion, rather then you feeling anxious and them feeling defensive, then it can often lead to a fruitful time of learning from one another. I will look forward to read the advice that others will be able to give to your question. Below I have attached a video link from a speaker for RZIM, Vince Vitale. In the video he talks about examples of questions we can ask that may lead to openings into deeper and more spiritually focused conversations. I hope it will be of help to you.

Blessings

8 Likes

https://youtu.be/4y6idF9VtNc

1 Like

Maybe the advice to “Just be yourself” hits the target best on this question.

But how one is to overcome the tendencies to try to be someone other than who you really are, might be more of the thing that would help share the Gospel more than being able to evaluate or utilize specific statements or questions.

For sure, specific kinds of statements and questions can really matter.
What I would point out is that they don’t have to matter when the real you shows up unashamed of the gospel of Christ…

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth… (Romans 1:16)

There’s my 2 cents…

5 Likes

I will advise you first to look for articles on public speaking and learn more about it. First try to be calm, don’t be so nervous, and pay attention to what the other person is saying, try to answer him with central point, what I mean is don’t give him the answer that comes with options. And always answer him based on what he says. Track all his statements, by doing that he will be the one to get nervous.

A friend of mine was at a coffee machine in a public place and someone asked him where the hot water button was to make a cup of tea. My friend showed him where the button was and said ‘it’s here…if you don’t mind using it after me’. In the context of Covid 19 this kicked off a conversation about the virus.

‘I’m immune’ my friend declared. How so he was asked. ‘I’ve got Jesus living inside me’ he said.

They carried on talking about faith, perfectly naturally.

It seems an effective approach is just to love people, get talking and let them know you have faith.

3 Likes