My Question: Demons?

Hi everyone,
I was listening to a gentleman named Derick Prince whom a friend sent me the videos for.
He talks about demons that probably inhabit all of us in one way or another( addictions, gossip etc.)
I don’t understand how a demon, which he describes as a person without a body, can inhabit a Christian who has the Holy Spirit indwelling in them. Surely the HS would not allow a demon to occupy His person. Insight would be very appreciated.
Thx

3 Likes

@Lynne Good question :slight_smile: Christians cannot be demonized if they have God’s Spirit. We may face spiritual warfare, but we cannot be inhabited by an evil spirit.

1 John 5:18 - We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

I would recommend Chip Ingram’s series on the topic of spiritual warfare as a more Biblical alternative to what you are currently reading.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the insight. I very much questioned Derick Prince( who died in 2003) but, of course, it did give me pause for concern.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. I will stand behind the shield of my best friend, the Holy Spirit, every time. :grinning:
Again thank you for helping me to not let Satan put doubts in my mind. Thank you for this community of believers.

1 Like

Oh, also, thank you for he Chip Ingram reference. I trust his biblical principles and will definitely listen to his video.
In the name of Jesus I cast out all fear and claim victory over the doubts that satan tries to use.

1 Like

Sean,

Thank you for posting this audio from Chip Ingram. I had heard his name before but never any of his teachings. I listened to it yesterday and went on to listen to another one in the same series two times. This was one of the best teachings I have ever heard. He is very sound scripturally and does not go beyond what is written in the Bible. Very helpful and strengthening.

Grace and peace,
Mary Beth

1 Like

@MaryBeth1 So glad you found it helpful :slight_smile: I also listened to all four videos - Chip Ingram is indeed a blessing to the Body.

Sean,

I just finished all four sermons in the series. Phenomenal. Refreshingly discerning in his God-given ability to correctly divide and accurately apply the Word. This is a topic that can get very skewed very fast, but he stayed in line with the plumb line. I came away from that series knowing that I am not spending enough time in the Word. He is now on my list of go-to preachers. Highly recommend to anyone who wants or needs wisdom and understanding about this topic.

Mary Beth

2 Likes

@MaryBeth1 So thankful to hear that it was helpful :slight_smile: May the Lord continue to grant you wisdom as you grow in knowledge of Him through the Word.

1 Like