My Question:Did satan confused at cross?if so why ?

Hi every one,
Kindly answer the question

Did satan confused at the cross?
If so why he was confused?

1 Like

Could you clarify what you mean? In what way are you thinking Satan might have been confused? About what?

When Jews asked roman government to send Jesus to crucifixion.Did satan get confused wether to stop the process of Jesus dying on the cross or not?
And finally whey he didn’t stoped?

1 Like

Hey Caleb @Caleb_Levi. I can see where you could have come with the question/conclusoin. Is it from some of the movies of Jesus Christ? I have seen Satan presented on passion of Christ where he is confused whether Jesus was just a man or the true son of Man/God. He was closely watching what he was going to do, and he was confused why he was letting himself be killed. Is it from this?

To answer your question, that is not truly biblical. Sure we can contemplate to say did Satan know the plans of God? The answer would be certainly not. God’s ways are not our ways and his ways are superior. Satan is only a fallen angel, does not compare to God. Also, there is no way he could have stopped him. Jesus had promised Adam that he would come and save him. That had to be done. And to answer your question, yes, God’s way of things for us can be quite confusing because of his infinite knowledge, wisdom, and nature.

I hope this helps.
God Bless.

2 Likes

Thank you brother,
It’s the thought that came from a brother who said “That Satan was confused at the cross wether to interfere or not”.

1 Like

Caleb_Levi ,
An interesting question .
I think the only thing we can say for sure biblically is that Satan knew one thing and that was that Jesus represented an insurmountable problem for him.
Evidenced by the fact that his first attempts to destroy Jesus physically began while he was just a baby .Causing Joseph & Mary to flee to Egypt with Jesus .
That his attempts to destroy Jesus, physically, ended at the cross tells me that Satan was not so much
“confused” as he was blinded .
Blinded in much the same way the religious leaders who were looking for a Messiah who would come to them riding a horse to crush their enemies with a rod of iron, not meek and lowly riding on a donkey were .
Blinded to the fact that Jesus was never more " King " than as He hung upon the cross .
His pride let him down once again .
I think if Satan did have a confusing moment it must have come immediately after Jesus died .
There had to have been a moment where he thought to himself , " that can’t be the end of the story .

God Bless + Mike

2 Likes

Well, there is a sense in which Satan has been confused ever since he decided to go up against God in the very beginning. I mean, any created being imagining that he could take the throne over all creation away from the Creator obviously isn’t thinking straight!

I think he was confused that day in the Garden when he seduced Adam and Eve into biting the fruit. God had plainly said that in the day they ate thereof they would surely die. Okay - now they’ve eaten thereof - God has to kill them - game over - score one for the devil - God loses - end of story.

After all, once you’ve killed somebody, you sort of assume there’s no fixing that, right?

So, when God came down and started dishing out the judgments, Satan was all set to see these puny mortals get zapped on the spot.

But then God said something so totally unexpected that the devil’s been off-balanced by it ever since. He said, I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel .

Imagine the devil suddenly perking up, his mind racing with something like, “Seed? What do you mean, ‘Seed’? There’s no Seed - I’ve just killed them! And what’s this about Somebody bruising my head? Come on, God - quit stalling - we both know you’re going to zap these sinners, so get on with it - down with the lightning already!”

And some things did die that day - but not the sinners. It was the substitutes. They established the principle right there at the start that for someone guilty to live, an innocent one must die.

In the ancient world, one rent their garments in time of mourning. But God does the opposite. He rent the skin of the animals that took the sinners’ place and clothed the guilty in the innocence if the sacrifice. It was an illustration of how this mysterious Seed would someday break the serpent’s head.

And Satan really didn’t see that coming - and he’s been playing one move behind God ever since!

And this Cosmic Contest between God and the devil has all the angelic hosts spellbound as they watch with wonder the unfolding wisdom of God. Ephesians 3:10 says that unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold (or multidimensional) wisdom of God.

I Peter 1:12 says that these are things that even the angels desire to look into.

And you and I are at the heart of it all. Isn’t that incredible!

3 Likes

Thanks @jlyons for sharing your your thoughts.

Hello Caleb, I believe the simple, Biblical answer is found in 2 Corinthians 2:6-8.
6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. emphasized text

Satan did not know what the result of his actions would mean to him or to us, thankfully!

I hope this helps to answer your good question.

God bless.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
It’s about mystery for human’s,But not for satan I think because as one of our Brother’s reply he mentioned satan wanted to kill JESUS immediately after his birth.if we consider that point how can we say it’s a mystery for Satan?

I think you are right on in the fact that Satan seemed to be clueless about both the chronology of events
and the length of time in which God would draw out these events that he was about to unleash in the garden.
I agree with you that Satan probably fully expected the dust to settle right there in the garden, and have God yield to him in some way after he had demonstrated to God what a brilliant tactician he was.
And in that vein I don’t think Satan was so " confused " or stupid that he thought he could overthrow God.
The scripture seems to indicate that it was Satan’s desire to make himself sort of a co-regent on par
with God .
To be " like " God .
It almost sounds like he wanted to set up the equivalent of a Spiritual cold war , where he existed in his sphere and God in His .
" I will be LIKE the most High" ( Isaiah 14:14 )

You’re suggesting that Satan only wanted to share supreme power over the universe? Hmm…never heard that one before…I suppose it’s possible. But somehow, that just doesn’t sound like the devil.

It sounds like God, because the Bible does say that we are joint-heirs with Christ, and we will sit with Him on His throne even as He sits with the Father on His throne (Revelation 3:21). How ironic that God will freely share with us the very authority that Satan was expelled from heaven for trying to steal!

But I suppose it’s precisely because it sounds like God that it doesn’t sound like the devil.

Oh well, it’s a theory. We’ll find out someday.

Hi Caleb, thank you for responding and I’m sorry that my response wasn’t clear enough. Did Satan accomplish his desire to kill Jesus, yes but the mystery that Satan did not know is what that death on the Cross and the subsequent resurrection would mean to him, Satan, and of course to us, believers. Christ didn’t just die, He conquered death, the thing that Satan hangs over peoples’ heads. Perhaps this quote from “Gotquestions.com” will explain it better:

"Death is the devil’s most powerful, terrifying weapon against us. At the cross, Christ defeated Satan on behalf of us helpless sinners: “Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out” (John 12:31; cf. Colossians 2:15). With the empty tomb, Christ destroyed the devil’s most powerful weapon, death. Satan, our accuser, is now powerless to condemn Christians. We will not share his fate (Revelation 12:9–11; [20:10, 14](popverse://bible+av/Rev_20:10, 14)).

When Christ conquered death for us, He removed the “sting of death,” sin (1 Corinthians 15:56)—that is, we will not be judged by God according to our sins; rather, we will stand before God robed in Christ’s own perfect righteousness. That is why believers in Christ “will not be hurt at all by the second death” (Revelation 2:11), and “the second death has no power over them” (Revelation 20:6). Christ has received our death penalty for sin and, through His death, has conquered death (Revelation 20:14)."
From:https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Christ-conquered-death.html

IF Satan had understood what killing Jesus would ultimately do to Satan’s plans, why would Satan have done it? He was confused, he didn’t understand God’s ultimate plan (the mystery) and ended up destroying himself.

Hope this helps.
God bless,
Peter

1 Like

Satan is nothing if not sneaky, even if just getting his foot in the ruling class door to be " Like the most High" may have been his initial goal, no doubt his pride would have grown .
Possibly that as hard as it is for us to comprehend before he became Satan , Lucifer is described as God’s most beautiful & trusted creations. Sharing a relationship with God that seemed to be above that of all his other creations, was what brought the evil in him to the surface .

Mr.Peter thank you very much for the good insight that you gave.

Praise the Lord, Caleb, for His wonderful Word that provides such insight into His wisdom!