My Question: Does Satan still have access to heaven after Calvary?

Hi everyone, I have been wondering about this, since different ones have cited the first chapter of Job for proof. But that is Old Testament, and then we have the devil’s defeat at Calvary, so I presume he has not got that access since then?
I thought someone might have a suggestion about it. Obviously it’s not something I want to break fellowship over, one way or the other! Blessings, Angela WG

1 Like

One clarification for this question if you don’t mind… Is your question implying that you believe Satan still had access to Heaven after he was cast out and during Jesus’ life on earth?

It seems that he still does, but we don’t know to what extend. He is our accuser befor God (Rev 12:10) until he will be cast down from heaven. He accuses us, but Christ is our advocate.

1 Like

Here’s proof:
I went to church, I went astray, messed with the occult, got possessed and was exorcised, saw Jesus, I am back forever now.
Eph 6:12; 1 Pet 5:8

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this [present] darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) places.”
EPH 6:12

I have not studied this question thoroughly. However, my impression is that “Heaven” can mean more than just our eternal resting place, where God dwells. The earth and sky is one heaven. The universe is another. I don’t think Satan has access to the heaven where God is.

Well the Job chapters reveal his appearing there, from going to and fro on the earth. But that was pre- Calvary. I’m just interested to hear different opinions, and Scriptures you’ve found helpful?
Blessings, Angela

1 Like

Excellent question, @awebsterg - and you are right. Job 1 and 2 does show that Satan, although cast out from his heavenly position and place, does continue to have access to heaven as the accuser of God’s people. You see it again later in Zechariah 3:1-5.

Satan does not lose his access to accuse us until the middle of the Tribulation in Revelation 12:7-10. From that point, he is confined to the earth (Revelation 12:12), eventually to the Pit (Revelation 20:1-3), he later ascends out of the Pit (Revelation 20:7), and ultimately to the lake of fire, or “perdition” (Revelation 20:10) - in fulfilment of the description in the beginning of Revelation 17:8. But he never sees heaven again after Revelation 12.

I hope this will help you with this question.

5 Likes

Thanks, that’s interesting!
Blessings, Angela WG