My Question:Eastern spirituality as worldview

Hi everyone,
I needed some help finding the answers to the 4 big worldview questions concerning Eastern spirituality: origin, meaning, morality and destiny.
Thank you!
Nivea

2 Likes

Hello, @nivea.roubaud!
Thanks for your questions. Do you have a specific Eastern spirituality in mind? I think it might help if we narrow the field a bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Kathleen!
Thank you for your reply.
I thought more like in general terms. Don’t they all believe that you reincarnate and pay for your own mistakes in order to achieve enlightenment, for example? Or do they all believe that the universe is infinite, that there was no beginning ans there is no end? Something like this. I am not acquainted with those worldviews. Are they very different from each other?

Hello again! This is actually not an area I am very well-versed in (:grimacing:), but as I understand it (in my limited way), Eastern spiritualities can vary quite a bit on the four big questions: origin, meaning, morality, destiny. I wonder if anyone in the @Interested_in_Buddhism, @Interested_in_Hinduism, or @Interested_in_Sikhism groups could give us some insight? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me take on islam and buddhism as far I can tell:
ISLAM(I)

1. Muslim believes their is a personal God who created the world
  2. Believes man is sinful
  3. Muslim believes man will spent eternity in heaven or hell
  4. Muslim believes salvation is attained only by faith and performing good works

BUDDHISM(B)

1. Buddhist believes that ultimate reality is not a person
  2. The world was not created
  3. Man is not sinful
  4. Man is not an enduring self
  5. And the goal of life is not salvation, its annihilation.

Thank you @tolu .
By “the world was not created”, do they mean it has always existed?
Man is not sinful because there is no good and evil? Or because we are all gods?
And is the annihilation a undo of yourself into the universe or really destruction?
Thank you for your help.