My Question: How do I help my mom (who may or may not be born again) who’s expressing doubt in her salvation?

(Levi Linville) #1

Hi everyone,

My mom called me Sunday night and mentioned that she’s been doubting her salvation ever since hearing me share my testimony and the gospel via Eph. 2:1-10 on 12/29/18.

I encouraged her to pray and test herself to know that she is in the faith, but then she had to go.
We don’t usually talk often due to distance and work, but I feel like I need to keep after this. I’d love some Scriptures to share w/ her and some wisdom about discipling her from afar. Thanks!

In God’s grip,

Levi

(SeanO) #2

@levilinville Have you asked her the reason she believes she is not saved? What was it about your testimony that made her question her salvation?

I think you could begin with some very simple Scriptures that assure us that if we call upon God in Jesus’ name He will accept us and cleanse us of sin.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 10:10-13 - For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Then, some of the thoughts in this thread may help you discuss with her what it means be saved:

Christ grant you wisdom and fill you both with His Spirit as you seek His face.