My Question: How do I share my faith online?

Hello. As everyone knows, COVID-19 has forced huge chunks of society and interaction online. The problem is, when I share my faith online, it is ignored. It feels like sharing Jesus online does not have an impact on those I share it with. How can I make an impact in my friends?

1 Like

Hi Faith; you may be surprised at just how many people are paying attention to your online ministry. Oftentimes people don’t want to respond because of fear that someone else will harass them. I have been involved with an online ministry for several years and many times became frustrated at the lack of response. But God’s Word will not return void. I like to post verses that I pray will get someone’s attention then add how God has worked in my life through this verse. For instance, I recently shared 2nd Corinthians 5:17. I then added how God transformed me when I asked Jesus into my life as Lord and Savior. I wrote of the peace I have now because of Jesus. I try to keep it simple and pray that God will use my posts to draw people to Him. Hope this helps a little.

1 Like

Thank you. I need to remember that I am not the savior and I alone cannot work on people’s hearts. Only God can, and is.

Hey :slight_smile:

Thanks for reaching out! The corona crises has changed our lives for a lot of us, but with each new struggle come new possibilities: reaching people from all over the world to share the gospel has now become easier than ever before.
It’s true that people don’t always react when you share your faith online, but just like @lesnbarb94 said this doesn’t mean that people aren’t processing what you are writing or recording. Many do, and I’m part of the people who came to Christ through people I have never even met posting about their faith online. So stay encouraged :slight_smile: Changing one‘s mind takes time, often years, and each of us is only part of the process.
And even better: social media allows you to get really creative. I’ve seen people on Instagram recording short Videos praying for strangers, sharing the gospel in less than two minutes, creating Infographs for Instagram stories, or people starting making videos on YouTube to talk about how the gospel changed their lives. With these turbulent times many people are looking for meaning in life.

There might be something in there for you that inspires you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I go to support pages where people are hurting and meet them where they are in love, not preaching but just caring and see where the Lord takes it. I suggest counseling and then say if they can not afford it, many churches offer it free. I will say I’m praying for them and give Godly advice without preaching. Hope this helps. God bless! =) Kim

2 Likes

Update: Just reached someone with John 3:16. I have no idea if they searched it up or not, but I hope I at least planted a seed.