My Question:People who have not heard of Jesus being saved

(Sam Runge) #1

Hi everyone, I recently had a conversation with my brother and he asked me “Do you think people who are in remote parts of the world who have not heard of Jesus will be saved?” I responded that we all come from Adam and that we all have a sinful nature and sin cannot be in the presence of God. My question: is there a better way to answer this? Or am I wrong and can offer him better insight on the issue?
Thank you
God Bless
Sam

(SeanO) #2

@Samrunge1 My short answer is that God will judge each person according to the secrets of their heart. For more detailed answers, please see the links below.

If you have additional questions pleas do share. Christ grant you wisdom and give your brother understanding / a sense of God’s love and goodness in Christ.

Romans 2:14-16 - (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Generally I address this question from two angles. The first is that God has a plan for the nations and has been working through history to draw all people to Himself. The second is that on the day of judgment God will judge people according to the truth they had and the Judge of all the earth will surely do what is right!

(Sam Runge) #3

Thank you Sean, that was extremely helpful and has given insight and some food for thought! God bless and thank you again!

(SeanO) #4

@Samrunge1 Glad to be helpful :slight_smile: Christ be with you.