My Question:Were can I find information about the nuts and bolts of the forum posts?

Hi everyone, I need to edit a post but there is no pencil icon on it. How do I select something from another’s post to quote in my post? I just need to know about housekeeping I guess.

Hello, gents!
@Jimmy_Sellers, I don’t know if they’ve changed the window on edit allowances. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can answer that! :smile:

But, @JohnB, quick clarification: You mean you clicked the three dots on the bottom of the post you wanted to edit, and the :pencil2: icon didn’t show up? If that’s the case, then you and Jimmy may be in the same boat. :grimacing:

As for this question,

All you have to do is highlight the text you wish to quote. When you release the mouse key, you will see the QUOTE option pop up. Click on that, and the above text and formatting will automatically pop into a/the reply message.

This forum uses ‘Common Mark’ formatting, so you can read more tips here.

1 Like

This is test for the purpose of immediately trying to edit.

Here is the screenshot with the pencil. It is time stamped. Let’s see how long it stays active,

I accidently deleted my original post, sorry.

Here is one I did 2 days ago. No edit icon.

1 Like

I think I’ve figured it out. I was writing my reply in the Connect App, not in the web version. I think that the two locales are not quite equal.

1 Like

Hi @JohnB,

The editing time limit is two hours for most members. More trusted members gain a bit more time to edit their posts.

These limits are in place to ensure continuity of the conversation. We understand that there are situations where a post needs to be edited. At the same time, we have a responsibility to one another in what we post as others may be taking time to pray, study, and prepare a response to what we have shared.

If you have a post that needs editing after the self-editing option has expired, please flag your post for “Something else” and explain the edit that needs to be made to a member of our moderating team. How To Flag A Post

To learn more about RZIM Connect’s features, I encourage you to read the tutorials in the #site-feedback Category.

3 Likes