My Question:What was Jesus like in form before becoming human?

Hi everyone,
What was Jesus like in form before becoming human? coming to us as a child.
Maybe it doesn’t matter for our salvation - but was just wondering if in the Bible it speaks about the form Jesus took before he became a child and grew to be a man.
Post man His for is a man, but i am sure spirit as well.
Pre man ? The only story i remember is when Shadrach, Meshack & Abednego was in the furnace when the King looked in there were 4 men.
So i guess Jesus could show up in any form as He made us all.
I was just wondering if there were any material i could read on this subject. or if any of you know as well.
Thanks,
Jeff

1 Like

Jeffrey, interesting question. Since we believe that Jesus is God, we have in the Old Testament, Theophanies, or the manifestation of God. We all know that God is spirit. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24) However, God has appeared in human form. Genesis 22:1-3 This is also seen in,
(Exodus 24:9-11)
Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. 11 But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.
I use these two passages and others when I share the Gospel with Jehovah Witness. So I don’t know if this is a good answer, about the form of Jesus before he became man. So I am going to say he is Spirit and had a human form when if and when he wanted to connect with a man. Perhaps someone can give you a better answer.

3 Likes

I appreciate it Abraham.
As soon as you wrote 'and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth (John 4:24) reference. and I like your answer, it makes think, that even though Jesus has always been God, as a child was born to us, and the Son was given. (Isaiah 9:6)
Sometimes in asking questions you get what you need.
And i will look into these scriptures for witnessing to JW, as i work with quit a few.

1 Like

Glad I could help a bit.

warmly,

Abe