My Testimony - A Praise Item

My Testimony - A Praise Item

I was raised and trained fearing God but did not have an intimate relationship in the Lord until a major set back in my marriage life, when I was at my lowest ebb, there I realized how He love and cared for me. My heart was on fire wanting to know God more and more and I wanted to tell the whole world about Him. I was the first re-born Christian in my family so I started sharing with my own family, parents and sibling’s families. To God be the glory, we all have our family Bible time weekly.

My heart did not stop there, I wanted to share Jesus’ love to all my office mates. I head the Human Resource of a government agency. I was able to get a hold of the small book - The Prayer of Jabez. I was prompted to start praying as Jabez prayed -

*In 1 Chronicles 4:9-10, we find a short prayer uttered by an obscure man: "Jabez *
  •         was more honorable than his brothers. ... ' Now, Jabez called on the God of Israel *

•         saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless me indeed and expand my territory. Keep Your hand on *

•         me, and keep evil from me, that I may not cause pain!'* 

I prayed Jabez’ prayer for almost a year that God will extend my tent. Indeed, God answered my prayer. I was instructed by our Office Director to conduct a training for all employees of our Agency. This whole agency of more than 300 workforce constituted 7 Provincial Offices. I went around all the Provincial Offices and after the training I shared the gospel. God is always at work! He really extended my tent!

Remember I mentioned a major set-back in my marriage? God used my painful experience for other women who are battling the same storm in their lives. God again extended my territory for all women whether happily married, widowed, separated, single moms and single women. To His glory, God made me steward to these women. I lead a weekly Bible study for women for more than 10 years and still counting. I served an awesome God!

15 Likes

@elsie.elio thank you for sharing your testimony. It is a blessing to see how God has honored your desire to share His glory with others. May He bless your heart as you bless others with His overflowing love🙏🏽

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing, Elsie!

Your story reminds me of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

4 Likes

Amen to that my dear Rebekah…

1 Like

A warm hello Renuka from the Philippines. How are you

Elsie

How beautiful. It’s wonderful to see how God turns our difficult times into something of growth and beauty, ultimately bringing him glory.

3 Likes

I so love your heart, Elsie. Sadly, I know that many people who pray the prayer of Jabez do so with the idea of personal financial gain, but you prayed it with the intention of open opportunities to serve God and others! Definitely a personal gain, but spiritual and eternal. I thank God that He drew you to Him and that He has enabled you to speak the gospel and shine the light to so many!

K.C.

4 Likes

Hi @elsie.elio this is so beautiful to read. It’s so amazing how God had placed desires on your heart that you sought him for in prayer and then He answered in such a wonderful way.

This moved me, because even though we do go through certain storms, where the pain is acute and sometimes life changing, God uses everything for the good of those who love him. Whilst we know he didn’t cause the pain, he is still sovereign and able to bless you and others in the learning and the trusting. Thank you for being such a faithful steward to all that God has called you.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Elsie, it is encouraging to hear how God is using you despite some personal struggles. I also find that God does not throw out those with short comings but rebuilds them by the power of His Spirit. Others are then able to clearly see Him…not ourselves as we serve Him. :slightly_smiling_face: Blessings :bouquet:

3 Likes

Elsie, it was a blessing to read your testimony of your salvation, how God is spreading the gospel through you, and that you use your experience to help strengthen other women. Thank you for sharing with us and for the love you so obviously share with others. :two_hearts:

1 Like