My testimony - Saravanan

My name is Saravanan. I’m 35 years old I’m from India. I was born in hindu family.
Because of my immoral life i came to Indonesia 4 years ago. I continue to stay here without proper documents. 2 years ago i came to know christ through a Philippine woman. She had sent me a Bible. I started to read the Bible. At first i did not understand. After that I searched bible study in YouTube. I learned that I’m a sinner. Before i came to Christ i was a person who act like a innocent outside but inside of my heart I’m a very very dirty person. Few months ago while i was bible study in YouTube i saw Ravi Zacharias sermon video. I started to listen his sermon. His sermons help me to grow strong in my faith in Christ. Especially in this Muslim country. I learned many things from his Q&A programs. I have wasted my 20’s and now almost 30’s. Now I’m trying to go back to India and tell to my family and people about how JESUS has changed my life. I’m fighting against my fear.

11 Likes

Saravanan, God’s working in your life is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it here so we can praise the Lord for his love to you. I’ll be praying for you this evening to have boldness amongst relationships with your family. Thank you for sharing your testimony here!

@CarsonWeitnauer had a great vision when starting this site. It’s a great place for us to learn together and encourage one another. :blush:

8 Likes

What a wonderful testimony @Saravanan.

While you are in Indonesia though, please help reach out to my fellow countrymen hehe. Appreciate that.

It must be such a torrid time for you, to be out of your homeland and learning a new faith. The most daunting part is the 20 or so years of your life believing something else that you have to give up for something new, but for a worthy truth nonetheless. I commend you for making that bold step and continuing in your passion for knowing God and growing your faith.

All the best to your ministry and family in India.

Blessings in Christ,
Roy

9 Likes

Thank you so much sister. It’s so helpful in this lonely and fearful situation. God bless you

3 Likes

Thank you so much brother. God bless you

3 Likes

God-bless you @Saravanan. Thank you for sharing. Such a blessing to read how you have come to the Lord. I am certain you will be used by God to help others right where you are or back home. With purpose and meaning I commend your choices. Go forth in the strength of the Lord.

6 Likes

Thank you sir. Thanks for your encouragement. God bless you

3 Likes

Hi @Saravanan,

How encouraging to hear your story! Jesus is stronger and greater than our sin! And he is also stronger and greater than our fear!

I hope these verses from 1 John 4:13-19 will encourage you today:

3 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us.

6 Likes

Amen. Thank you for the encouraging verses sir. I’ll continue to follow Christ rest of my life. God bless you.

3 Likes

@Saravanan, thanks so much for sharing your story with us. It’s a privilege to see how God is moving all over the world.

I am grateful to the Lord for the Philippine woman who sent you a Bible. I admire your desire to keep studying the Bible, even when it was confusing. I can relate to that! I’m glad you found a good Bible study on YouTube.

I thank the Lord for putting that Ravi Zacharias video across your path. RZIM Connect can also be a place to grow stronger in your faith in Christ, as I’m sure you know by now!

I have just prayed for the Lord to give you courage to face fear and accomplish what he has put in your heart to do. I look forward to future updates :slight_smile:

Many blessings!

3 Likes

Thank you so much sister. Thank you so much for your prayers. Now I’m in the midst of the Strom of my trails. Please remember me continually in your prayers. Thank you so much. God bless you. :pray:

3 Likes