My young people at the children's home are worshiping the Goddess. Can you help me with a reply?

Blessings everyone!

I am asking please… for anyone available to help me out in the biggest way I know.

I am away recovering, but a bit over my head now. The children at the home where I was once a resident, and where I was volunteering in Christ ,before I had to leave, are now emailing me. Many of the girls and boys have accepted the Goddess. It is an ecclectic Wiccan guild.

They are very serious. This is a huge movement among young people. Interestingly, this is not being discouraged since the Goddess does not demand blood, but only the care of creation. So the kids are more easy to look after .It is really hard when the cutters and disrupters are now embracing this religion that they call, ’ the missing feminine aspect, and doing a lot better.

These are not bad kids, they’re just lost.
Exodus 22:20 He who sacrifices to any God, other than to the Lord alone, shall be utterly detroyed.’

I need everyone’s input. A lot of these kids are well versed in the scripture since here in the South. I am trying to find a way, besides being a foster myself, to reaching them.

Please everyone help them out and help me out. I have no clue where to go from here.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

7 Likes

See if this might help:

2 Likes

Dear Mr James.

Our Lords non gender is confusing for them so they assume the female. Thank you so much for your repectful reply.

Blessings,
Sanah~

1 Like

@sanahdalah15 Praying that Jesus would give you wisdom to reach these kid’s hearts :slight_smile:

Am I correct in believing a lot of these kids were orphans? Do you know why they find this particular religion attractive? The idea of a mother goddess who watches over them and wants them to watch over others / creation could meet a felt need in their life for parental love and care. If you have not already, I think it would be worth sitting down with them and understanding why they have found this religion helpful.

Some things that may help you reach them from Scripture are:

• God loves the orphan and the widow and the lowly and gives rest to all who come to Him
  • only the God of the Bible can truly save you - He is the living God, and only He can truly satisfy you or meet your needs - no other gods have left footprints in history or come here themselves to show their love for us as Jesus did on the cross (Romans 5:8)

Psalms 27:10 - Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

Matthew 11:28-30 - “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Genesis 16:13 - She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

Isaiah 55:1-2 - “Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.

Jeremiah 2:13 - "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

7 Likes

Thank you @SeanO for sharing this video!!! I was also blessed with your answer and the verses you shared. The Lord bless you as you continue to follow and serve Him.

4 Likes

@ALandis The Lord bless you as well and all of the young people you have the chance to interact with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@sanahdalah15 what an amazing ministry God has given you to come alongside these children! I know He will answer your plea for wisdom and truth as you work through this difficult development. My heart breaks as yours does to hear of children going astray toward empty remedies for their broken hearts.

Having myself worked in environments with at risk kids in various capacities, I would assume that the greatest needs are for justice, love, acceptance, grace, forgiveness of others (and probably forgiveness of self). They may be at a point where much of that has never been experienced personally, so they cling to what they can wrap their minds around.

You said:

By “demand blood” are you referring to the shedding of blood for forgiveness of sins, or is this a reference to some pagan ritual that is demanded by some other deity?

I might ask questions to get them thinking like:

1. How is this goddess more appealing to you than the God of the Bible? (This may really lead to revealing some misconceptions and inaccuracies about the true God as well as some personal anxieties.) Be prepared to ask follow up questions like:
    “How did you come to that conclusion?” “Why do you think that?”

2. We all crave justice! What is the goddess’s plan for justice?

3. What does the goddess do when a person dies? Is there a plan for eternity?

4. Tell me about the rewards to having a personal relationship with the goddess.

The more you make them talk about it the better. I would continue to draw out their views of this deity, and you will probably get a lot of “ammo” (Texas term) for moving the conversation into the direction of truth. Basically you want them to recognize that this goddess is vacuous not only to meet their needs, but also the demands of reality. It makes me think of that GK Chesterton quote:

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.”

It’s interesting that they are looking for a feminine aspect. This is the cry of a child for both parents to be represented in their life. I would emphasize the “wholeness” of God. God’s complete and utter perfection lacks nothing in Person or relationship.

I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

Consider an “Attribute of God” study either for yourself that you can share your own insights with them or see if they want to talk about it via email. He is unmatched! Here is a nice web page with some ideas:

Yet in completeness God reaches out to bring us into fellowship and fill the hole in us that nothing else can. This is because we are literally created to be in relationship with God.

Keep poking them with scripture! Even well versed types need daily reminding of Who God is, and the Lord has many new things to say to us with His living and active Word! I had a family member who taught adult Bible study for years, yet had a shocker moment when I read verses aloud to her in intensive care! She discovered her salvation that day. You never know how the Lord will move.

He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

And please keep us posted on how you are and how things are going! Thank you for giving us the privilege to come alongside you in this struggle.

6 Likes

Hi Mr. Sean,

Thank you very much for your very well thought out response.

Pagan cultures, particularly involving goddess/gods/nature and Native American practices ( much of what is watered down new age posing as Native ) are becoming exceedingly popular among teens and young adults. The media is flooded with urban fantasy and the goddess/ good witch vs.all the bad in the world is one that is seriously on the rise and very seductive.

My young people are particulary vulnerable being their exposure to poor parenting , no parenting, tragic lose of good parents, significant abuse, being tossed about in the foster system where every home has a different belief, and often substance abuse. The goddess is attractive to them because they are looking for protection, acceptance, their own circle, and also an unspoken rebellion against a patriarchal society in which they see 'Father’as a destructive and judgemental force created by societies to control the world and destroy the feminine . They do not believe in the Christian paradigm, therefore Jesus / Satan / Bible/ scripture / do not exists in their reality.

What is fortunate : I was in some of the same foster homes with a few of them, and for the last year been voleenteering here as I am able. The scripture is something they hear from me, and being a peer to them on some level is helpful because they are more inclined to give me the benefit of the doubt where they will not an older person.

I’m hearing you completely about the scriptures. My last foster home, that is now my permanent home, was where I really started learning the scriptures, and then started going to church. I came to Christ when I was 14 through hearing the word and the holy Spirits work in me. But I wasn’t adverse to my Lord and so it wasn’t difficult to hear Him calling to my heart. Romans 10:17 ‘1 So faith comes hearing and hearing through the word of Christ.’

Being much of my experiences of life parallels theirs, and I am not too far removed by time my Lord Jesus has drawn my heart to 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. Perhaps leaning on Apostle Paul’s experiences and tactics will be very helpful! The answer, as you said , can be found in the scriptures.

Thank you also for the video. It was very informative and enjoyable.

Blessings Mr. Sean,
Sanah~

3 Likes

Dear Ms. April,

Thank you for your words and allow me to say how much I truely appreciate you. It was my environment also from 7 to 14 .I have hope there will continue to be people like you who work hard to make a difference with children in a broken system.I was fortunate enough that my Lord gave me an amazing support of people, just like you, to continuing believing in me until I finally accepted my Lord who was serching and calling for me for all of my time lost.

And yes mam, those kids with weak points of reference are barely treading water. I do believe you described it well in it’s less lethal form.

There are many things I wrote to Mr. Sean that will not apply to your kind letter. I do not want to repeat what you have already read and become redundent.

Your first note would have been something I totally missed if you hadn’t touched on it. I was coming from position that so many of the young people are cutters. They have sustained from drawing blood because they have embraces this non violent culture. They do not live in the Christian/Santanic ( they equate them as equal brutality ) paradigm where sacrifice is required. This paradigm is a lie. You see?

Believe me Ms. April. There a a few of these older ones I was in foster homes with several years ago when they were little. And you’re right on all accounts except for justice. They want to leave the sword/justice/reckoning to those who have destroyed the world… organized religion, and return to nature and the Goddess. It’s quite a conundrom.

I did also use Mr. Ravi’s grid to peer into their world. I lived with a goddess centered family once while in the foster systems so fortunatly have some idea. I liked how you phrased the quesions within the grid. I will ask more of my older one. I am still in the gathering information phase from them, to see where they are, and also from your ideas ! Brainstorming with all of you.

Much of this seems to also be rebellion on a passive level. I know two of the teenagers, a few years younger than me, aren’t yet closed to our Lord. They are more so, experimenting. We have a a very good repore so I email them most of all to keep the line open on Christ. Presently I am not able to be home or there.

Also I have been researching the Goddesses they are most attracted to developing a relations One in particular who is Artemis/ Diana depending if they are persuing the Roman or Greek pantheon. I think once our Lord will help us show their flaws and many atrocities they commited while using people as puppets, we may make some headway to show the true reality.

I’m not actually seeing it so much as a gender issue as a social issue. I think gender is an aside as to how they are projecting their pain and sorrow. They need mom to hold them. Don’t we all. Also the rituals and incantations are very magical and imaginative. Young people what to recapture that childhood mystisism that the pain of their life stole when they were just children, and where was God/father dropped them off at the train station… you see? He killed mom in the sociological and eco based dynamics. This has been very eye opening, and it’s wide spread. This isn’t a few kids, this is becoming quite a movement, and one that introduces young people into the true occult.

I loved the scriptures. Many I keep inside my heart. One I keep repeating to them is 1 peter 5 :10
“after all your season of suffering, God in all his grace will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” It is from experience that my Lord has done this for me, that I know, He will also do it for them.

Thank you Ms. April and everyone!

Please continue with brainstorning in our Lord!

Blessings,
~Sanah~

2 Likes

@sanahdalah15. Hey sis! I just wanted to remind you to not be overwhelmed by what you are seeing. You are seeing these things because they fall well within your capabilities; because GOD can trust you, to trust and consult with Him. We are more than conquerors.

It did occur to me that your young people are sort of short-sheeting their own beds. While it is understandable that they would seek to balance out emotional gaps in their own lives, because of their background; perhaps they haven’t considered that becoming a devotee to a goddess just establishes a different type of imbalance.

If we want to inject or restore emotional, physical, and spiritual balance in our worlds, then we must cling to the all-encompassing, all serving nature of GOD. Neither female or male. Certainly not human. But still able to fill in the gaps caused by living in this world. Often we don’t choose GOD because we look at Him as limited by the same limitations found in our societies. But to live with such conclusions is to say that the Creator of all life, is confined to living with the shortcomings of human life. Whether that occurs in the church body or in our homes.

As unfortunate as circumstances can be, they will not be remedied by adopting one philosophy over another. That’s about rebellion, not truth-seeking. Someone has already said, the question that needs to be answered is the one your young people have not asked.

Be encouraged. Be vigilant. It appears that by adopting this practice your young people are in the last stages of rejecting GOD. As GOD exists, we know this practice will not deliver the relief they seek. By such consideration, we know that in time they will need something new to believe in. Then you will have unlimited opportunity to expound the hope that lies within you.

1 Like

Dear Sanah, your friends’ situation is heartbreaking, but your love will conquer through Christ. When you said, “they do not believe in the Christian paradigm, therefore Jesus / Satan / Bible/ scripture / do not exist in their reality,” do you mean they don’t believe Christ existed in history or that he has no claim on their life? Also this occult they’ve fallen into, does it demand anything of them other than taking care of the earth? I wonder if this gives them the false freedom from guilt or from having to deal with forgiving those who have hurt them or neglected them. In trying to brainstorm with you, I wondered if in your conversations with these young people if you ever tried to just share the sweetness of Christ rather than questions of theology. In John 4 the woman at the well started a theological conversation with the Lord (the Jews say we worship on this mountain …), but he brought her back to her need. She found out the Lord knew everything about her, and that brought her to salvation. I wonder if learning about the sweetness of Christ and that he knows each of them deeply would cause a breakthrough. Also have you ever shared with them from John 1 how Christ came to his own people, and his own rejected him? How he lived in poverty; how he was in the home of his step father; how his brothers did not believe in him; how he compared himself to a sparrow alone upon the housetops? Have they ever heard that Jesus KNOWS their pain at a deep level and has tasted their loneliness? He knows they don’t have a foundation and wants to be the rock underneath their feet? Their deep longing is for someone to hold them and love them and show them their worth. This makes me think of that Scripture where the Lord says to Jerusalem how often he wanted to gather them like a hen gathers her brood under her wings (Matthew 23:37). I also think of Hosea; we often feel sorry for Hosea for all he went through with an unfaithful wife. However, this was a picture of God and how his people were unfaithful to Him and yet He loved them and redeemed them at a great cost to Himself. God knows and feels pain and rejection. I am so glad you put your life in His strong hands. I am sorry your early path was difficult, but God is redeeming it and is bringing sweetness out of it. May the Lord continue to make your life shine brightly, my dear sister, and may your heart’s desire for their salvation come to fruition.

Under His Wings,
Amal

1 Like

@ALandis Wanted to share this passage as well :slight_smile: Occurred to me it could be relevant.

Psalms 131 - My heart is not proud, Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

3 Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful psalm @SeanO. Is it a messianic psalm?

2 Likes

@ALandis To my knowledge, it is not a messianic Psalm. I would traditionally say Psalms 2, 22, and 110 are the most clearly messianic, though I am not an expert on that topic.

This is a Psalm of David in which he reaffirms his humility before and absolute trust in God’s love and care.

2 Likes

Hey @sanahdalah15
Thankful to God for your burden for the children and God will surely give you wisdom.
One thing that come to my mind is what Ravi used to say- If we place the original beside the counterfeit, the counterfeit will show themselves.(paraphrase)

Our God is glorious and the Only Glorious One. His glory is an inherent intrinsic quality of who He is. He is the Almighty God(Elshaddai). All other so called gods have no glory in themselves, no substantive-ness or weight or splendour. They have nothing to offer but deceit(steal, kill and destroy) and emptiness and the only way to counter deciet and lies is with the Truth.

And God has revealed Himself best in His Word. If I may suggest- you can have a Bible Study and show them who God IS, not just what He does or can do but focussing on who He IS. And through your life, and the Word God will surely do His work, for His word won’t ‘return void but achieve it’s purpose’, especially when Christ is ‘lifted up’.

And at the end of the day it’s important to remember that there are only two alternatives- God or the devil- and the devil is blinding their eyes so that they will not see God’s glory(2 Corinthians 4:4) and believe in Him; but He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world(1John 4:4). Prayers for you sis. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are an inspiration, and I am sure the Lord will bless the young people as you dedicate yourself to being a light in the darkness. I have been and will continue to pray for you and your young people. Your testimony reminds me of Paul’s in 2 Corinthians 1:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God,who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril,and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

That is so great that you are using Ravi’s grid to form your conversation! That core module in the academy is awesome, isn’t it? I had the most ground breaking conversation with one of my neighbors because of that class assignment. It’s amazing how those four topics can help people see how much we take for granted in our existence.

I’ve learned not to underestimate asking questions, even when they are younger. Last year, I had a room full of students who had just completed 4th grade in a breakout session, and one student decided to announce to the entire room that the Bible was all made up (fake). I just asked him how he came to that conclusion (nicely). He then admitted he didn’t know anything about the Bible. I told him that was why we were glad to be having the session, and we moved easily into a discussion. Pray, pray, pray…

As I read about that the students are drawn to Artemis/Diana, I hear King Solomon:

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time. Ecclesiastes 1:9-10

Just a few weeks ago we were reading about the riot in Ephesus in Acts 19 where Paul angers the Artemis idol makers because Paul had told the people that “gods made by human hands are no gods at all!” So their idol sales were tanking…

Hang in there, sister. We are praying! And God listens!

2 Likes

Dear Ms. April,

Thank you so much ! Yes mam, There is nothing new under the sun, and people will continue to circle the same over and over. This is an amazing verse coming from the son of David, given such wisdom, yet, to become so bebauched.

I find Ecclesiastes one of my favorites coming from the son of David, who was so wise and got caught up in debauchery, yet … the last verse from his writings in Ecclesiates was Ecclessiastes 12:13 ’ The end of the matter, all has been heard. Fear God and keep His commandments, because this is the whole duty of man.’ Yes of course this is not one I will recite to the children struggling. Soloman figured it out in the end.

You did give me an idea, and in reserching, found where goats were Artemis’s favorite sacrifice. And when a deer was killed in her sacred forest, to apease her, the king, Agamemnon had to sacrifice his eldest dauther to give them victory in Troy. This was once thought a fantasy written by Homer. Archeologist have found Troy, and confirmed this happened. The goddess ( made by human hands) not only demanded blood, but the sacrifce of a a child virgin she was entrusted to protect. I emailed this information to the eldest girl, who is a very smart girl and reluctant to stand against the others. She was my main ally in our Lord.

I can not be there for them in this time Ms. April. I am hesitant to explain, but if you go to my post, ’ It is okay to die,’ you will understand why I am am absent and embracing all of connect and outside of connect in our Lord to help in all ways. I am humbled always by the outreach in this community.

Your post keyed me in on ’ the blood.’ People continued animal and human sacrifice. The cultures were embracing both, which was everyone except the Jewish nation, the sacrifice of humans. Our Lord made it clear with Abraham, through his son Issac, that human sacrifice was not of our heavenly father. And after our Lord, the veil was shred and not nothing comes between us and our Lord. There is no blood sacrifice required! Our Father disqualfied all sacrifice after His Son, never should blood be shed again! I emailed her also Matthew 10:29 ’ Are not two sparrows sold for a penny, but not one of them falls to the ground outside your fathers care.’ Our Father loves all of His creation. Even a bird we think nothing more than a penny: He feels it’s loss.

I can not share names or anything personal. I ask whoever reads this to please pray for this very smart child of our Lord who has decided to turn in favor for Jesus to help the younger, even she is in competition with an older girl who is very domanant at the home.

Thank you Ms. April and everyone ! This has only just begun.

Thank you everyone who is writing and offering scriptures and ideas in our Lord. They are only 14 children, but did our Lord not leave the 99 for each one of us? Thank you so much for considering these wayward children who never had a chance in our world, but who Christ will exhault in His. Matthew 20:16 ’ So it is. Everyone who is now last will be first, and who is first will be last. ’

Dear Ms. April. Thank you for your insights as they have given me much to pray about and research, as others who have happened up this post and offered a helping insight .

2 Corintheans 1. I sent this passage. It fully shows the mercy seat of our Lord.Jesus Christ … and coming from one of the once ’ most wanted ’ in Christianty. Apostle Paul.

Please keep the line open and always I welcome your insights as our Lord opens them to us through the clay vessles we all are.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Hi C Rhodes,

Thank you for your reply and yes this will come full circle.

They are indeed trying to fill in the gaps where nothing was presented in this world. However, also the draw to the godess from young Christians from Christian homes are on the rise. Unfortunatley, we really need to look at this as not an isolated event, but a recurring one from across the board.

What are we missing? I think Ms. April hit on a lot of things we should look into that opened the door to others that the Holy Spirit is bringing us to understand.

As unfortunate as it is, they are not where we are, nor do they remotely understand where we are coming from, so we must, as Paul did, find where they are and meet them there. Then bring them home as the Holy Spirit teaches us, as we are as lost without Him.

Thank you so much and please continue to post and offer any insight you have!

And yes, thank you so much for your encouragement. Your words mean so much. It’s hard being away from them, yet understanding my sisters and brothers.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Dear Amal,

Thank you so much for your concern and kindness.

Please allow me to reply to your first question. Humbly, I am not too far removed from these children as I was once where they are. I prefer the kindness of my Lord to be the example of His love and saving power. This is the place where they trust me most. I agree with you.

However, the Word and the Lord is what saves, not otherwise as you know. I know you were not suggesting otherwise at all. I also have held back from the Word at times that it might offend or seem cold in the trouble. I do not offer philosophy over any time a child, or adult is about to jump. And as you clearly suggested, it was very rare Jesus offered theology and theory when someone was in the clutches of suffering. He offered healing and then to go follow the law of Moses to be cleansed. So we must repent, and to do this, we must know the Word to be healed inside and out. But still we need to word…

I think Paul got it to understand the love and saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Corininthians, 13:4-8

’ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, or boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not rejoice in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, a;ways hopes, always persevers. Love never fails. And the next question is, ’ What is Love’? 1 John 4: ’ God is Love."

Herein is the circle of truth.

Thank you for your words Amal.

You are so uplifting and kind.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Hi Theja,

My apologies that my post was so unclear.

when I was available, we were, every time I was able to be there, in bible study and reading so many Psalms that they embraced. It is in my absence, as I can not longer be there for now that another older girl has taken control within the group.

It is as a result of all of your kind posts I have been able to email the eldest young women who was close to accepting our Lord before I had to be away. I am finding myself humbled knowing it has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with our Lord.

I wish I could have left under differnt circumstances, but I am over whelmed at the responce of so many people concerned with just a few kids you will never meet. And in this short time we are talking, now there is one girl willing to take a stand for our Lord.

Please everyone pray for her strength and resiliance. This is a difficult life to explain to most who do not have a clue the pain and danger around every waking moment.

Thank you so much.

Please continue to talk and offer more insights as every thing all of you are helping me with in Christ goes to help them in Christ.

Blessings~
~Sanah~