Neanderthals

What is the Christian Worldview’s answer to Neanderthals? I have an 8th grade student who ask this question. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Deneen,

Well, it is a very hard question and I think that a straight forward yes or no answer is not so appropriated, this is a complex subject. But, since your student is asking and it is very probable that a technical answer will just confuse him, I think the answer would be no. Humans are different from neanderthals, we do not share a lot of anthropomorphic characteristics and also we differ in DNA structure. In fact, there is more relationship of DNA structure between certain races of neanderthals than between humans and neanderthals. Let´s say, roughly speaking, that we are a unique species.

I think this blog in Dr.Hugh´s Ross web page can be very helpfull if you would like to do deeper into this topic.

https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/the-cells-design/read/the-cells-design/2020/02/19/ancient-dna-indicates-modern-humans-are-one-of-a-kind?fbclid=IwAR2FeeUYRwarqQhVklDcUKzitvlg9WX4Cxoxa_k8IjH6aZx05R1-swjbgKk

God Bless!

3 Likes

Hi Deneen,

Genesis states that God made mankind from the dust of the earth, in His image; complete with morality, free will, and morally responsible for their decisions before God. This short video might be helpful to review from John Lennox, one of my favourite speakers and authors.

Kind regards
Matt

2 Likes