NesreenYoussef

Hello Everyone,

It is a great pleasure to be here.I am from Egypt and I live in Toronto, Canada from 2012.
I work as a pharmacist and I have one son. In 2017 I was diagnosed with 3rd stage Non Hodgkin Lymphoma ans since then I have been under treatment and my last treatment will be Oct 15 th thank God.
During all my journey there was a lot of pain, but I believe pain is a very good tool that God may use to shape us from inside and helps us to seek God’s presence and will all the time.
I participated in the core module with RZIM because I wanted to learn more about my faith and how to reach more people and share the amazing love of Jesus Christ with everyone.
I would like to share in the discussions on RZIM connect because I am sure through it we will build each other.

14 Likes

Hi Nesreen, thank you for being so forthright about your health struggles. I’m happy to hear that you overcame this illness and that you are able to recognize how God turned the situation and is using it for your good. I believe our Lord will bless your faithfulness.

I pray that he will reveal to you the ways in which your journey can become your testimony so that God’s love can be revealed to you and through you. I look forward to hearing more from you in the times ahead.

4 Likes

Hi Marion ,

Thanks so much for your lovely post. May the Lord hear and answer. I trust in Him
God bless you

3 Likes

Wow! It so great to have you join us Nasreen @nesreenpeter.

What a lovely testimony that is. I pray that you receive you perfect health back in Jesus’ name.

@Connect, You will be an example for many who may be passing through similar situation around the world. Hope you had a great session in the academy?. Join the conversation and I will be looking forward to learning more from you.

Sufficient Grace!

5 Likes

Hi @nesreenpeter, welcome to connect. I am sorry for the pain you’ve had to endure but I am grateful to hear you are nearing your last treatment. I respect your courage and I am in agreement with the prayer lifted up by @WorshipGod. You have a beautiful testimony of how pain can draw us into God’s presence :heart: You have already been an encouragement. Take care and keep us posted on your progress :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @nesreenpeter. So glad that you have come alongside us. I pray that your health will be restored. I trust that your involvement here will be a blessing to you and know that your involvement is a blessing to this site. Keep us posted if you will. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi! Good to see you on here! Praying that you will be healed completely and Oct. 15th will indeed be the last treatment you will need. Blessing Nesreen.

3 Likes

Hi @nesreenpeter, welcome! I’m excited that you’re here! Your good cheer amidst painful suffering is encouraging, and I pray that you would see the Lord use it in your life and others’ to bring out good things.
I love to hear from brothers and sisters who have different stories from mine, coming from different cultures and experiencing different things, and love the same Jesus. God has indeed made you to uniquely build up His Church; it will be wonderful to be able to see that here on Connect.

3 Likes

Hi Nesreen,

So awesome to see you here as well! I missed your posts the last few weeks of the core module, so am glad to see you are ok. God bless!

3 Likes

What You said about our suffering and God is :100:. I was born with cerebral palsy and struggle with mental health diagnoses. I was thinking about our suffering and God’s purposes in them. I recently purchased and read through “Why Suffering” by Ravi and have done some of my own thinking on the subject primarily based on what I’ve learned from rzim/scripture I look at the amazing thought/truth of the incarnation. God entered into His creation in The person of Christ to not only end it once and for all but to EXPERIENCE our humanity and suffering. For me this shows God’s Jealousy for us. God is saying like a parent/father “I care” I understand. Even as I write this God is saying I gave the law and Old Testament scriptures to show what’s wrong and why it was/is the way it is. God’s true enemy is death it not only effects us but Him! The Old Testament is the foreshadowing of How God would put an end to Our/His enemy once and for all!!! I can only imagine satan snickering at God “You’ll never experience/do that for them” Your TOO HOLY/their worthless, they hate You, they’ve disobeyed You, they want nothing to do with You! Steps in God in JESUS!!! The real champion! He sees us as belonging exclusively to Him! God the Father “Son I’ve laid out the plan You know it and what it will cost You!” Father they belong to us I’ll do it! Think the incarnation, life, death, burial, resurrection of Christ and Ascension! Hallelujah What a Savior!!! Crown Him! Lord of all!:slight_smile::heart::+1::sunny::100::blush:

4 Likes

Chad, I have several young men friends (the sons of my own friends) who have cerebral palsy, too. Definitely a challenging road our Father has set before you guys, and I am so grateful He does not leave us to walk it alone. If you are interested in another book, I found Layton Talber’s “Beyond Suffering” about the book of Job very insightful overall and helpful.

Our Father cares more than we could ever imagine, and I, too, am so grateful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, Nesteen for your marvelous testimony, especially about pain. C.S.Lewis said pain is God’s megaphone. But God not only speaks to us through pain, He speaks through our pain to others we care about. Of course, He spoke to us here through you. 2 Corinthians 1:4 says God will minister to others in their affliction through our affliction.

2 Likes