New on here - Jon Bircher

Hi, this is Jon from Guildford, England. I am married with two teenage boys. I recently completed (and thoroughly enjoyed) the core module and I am currently in the middle of the module on biblical doctrines. I decided to enrol on further courses to deepen my understanding and apply biblical wisdom of loving the Lord with all my mind, as well as soul, heart and strength.

As those, who studied with me on the core module will know, my wife and boys are not Christians although they are happy for me to practice my faith, will talk about things and my youngest, Jonah is definitely shifting, professes a faith and we are talking about this more regularly (praise God).

I just want to absorb a little first from this community but hope and pray that I will be able to get involved and engaged in conversations and learn from others in the group

6 Likes

Hello Jon, I enjoyed your thoughtful posts during the core module. Just joined now joined this connect site now.

1 Like

@Jonguildford Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Hello Jon. Bruce here. I just now joined this group and completed the most recent Core Module as well. My wife and I have three children, all grown and married. We are retired and live in Upstate New York, USA. There is a great difference between New York (City) and New York (Upstate). The City is the place most people think of (even Americans from other states) when they hear you’re from, “New York”.
In thinking of your boys, I love what Ravi quoted from Francis Schaefer - “Love is the greatest apologetic”.
Blessings to you and your family!

5 Likes

We will pray for each other. As we labor together. God bless you brother.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jonguildford. It is a blessing to have you joining from England. Congratulations on completing the core module. What was your favorite part? I’m glad to see another alum join! Get comfortable with the site. Explore at your leisure. And then please do share your heart and the information and knowledge that you have gleaned through the Academy. Others will be blessed by it. God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Good to hear from you Mark. I also enjoyed our interactions during the core module. I am now doing the doctrines module and following that with one on Islam, keeping busy…

Blessings - Jon

2 Likes

You too. Thanks for the welcome - Jon

1 Like

Hi @Jonguildford, your introduction is so endearing :heart: Welcome to connect. What impacted you most in the course? Congratulations on your completing it :slightly_smiling_face: I am thankful to hear your youngest (I love the name Jonah) is shifting toward faith. I pray the Lord will infuse you with wisdom, knowledge, love and gentleness :pray: I pray He will bless your desire to see your entire family come to faith in Christ :latin_cross:
Please do keep us posted.

3 Likes

Thanks Kel. I think the whole concept and structure around world views is what struck me most, and had been helpful in approaching conversations with others, a simple and non-threatening approach to listening and understanding someone’s belief system much better. I also felt hungry for more, so enrolled on some additional courses, I am particularly looking forward to the module on Islam as I have a lot of conversations with Muslims and never really know how or where to start.

Looking forward to getting to know you and others via this app. Jon

2 Likes

Thanks Bruce. Totally agree, living a life of selfless love, and Christlike service is the best witness but sometimes the toughest Challenge - but I guess I can do all things through him
Who gives me strength :fire::muscle:t3:

I am a little aware of the geography as I spend significant time in PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA with my work, I actually spent the summer in Boston last year and so regularly took the Acela up and down the coast to NYC

Blessings to you too - Jon

Appreciate the encouragement- Jon

1 Like

Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers. God is definitely working in and through this season and I have to remember that he loves them more than I do, which is mind blowing :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Welcome Jon, I was the non Christian in my family for many years. Will pray for family to come to a saving knowledge of Christ. Look forward to our discussions. On connect.
Mike

1 Like

Yes and Amen :pray:t3:

Thanks for the encouragement Mike

1 Like