Newcomer

God Bless and Good evening all!
I am Ryan Beltran from Long Island, NY

What led you to join Connect?
I joined because I’ve renewed my faith in Christ after an 8 year fall and my brain has become my worse enemy. Ravi Zacharia is 100xs smarter than I am and helps calm my thoughts and gives me answers I only wish I could come up with myself.

How do you hope to contribute?
To add my own testimony and be an example to help someone else who was as blind as me in my own “truths”

7 Likes

Hi @ArchRy94,

Welcome! We’d love to hear your testimony! We actually have a #christian-growth:member-testimonies Category just for this purpose! I think you’ll find the other testimonies in this Category to be very encouraging.

Also, please ask your questions. My heart breaks to think of a brother or sister in Christ struggling with a doubt by themselves. This community is a resource intended for you. And, by asking your question, you’ll help many others with the same concern as they find the conversation for themselves. I look forward to hearing from you.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @ArchRy94. Glad you have renewed your faith. It is refreshing isn’t it? I hope find this site an encouragement. If there is help you need or prayer just ask. I concur with @CarsonWeitnauer. I would love to read your renewal testimony. When you write it please tag me if you would be so kind. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Welcome Ryan to the family. We were once blind but thank God we can now see and the Lord is using us to bring many more to His Light.

4 Likes

Welcome @ArchRy94, thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with us :heart: I look forward to reading your testimony should you choose to post it. We all “fall short” but the important thing is that we get back up and, as you stated, “renew our faith.” I’ve been there and it is a very humbling place to be but the lessons are priceless :pray:t3: Take care and please feel free to engage in the conversations.

4 Likes

Hi @ArchRy94! We’re so glad that you’ve decided to join us. This is a great community of people who are serious about living out their faith by loving other people!!

I can relate to feeling like Ravi is 100x smarter than us!! I am sure, though, that you have lots of great things to add to our discussions, speaking of :wink::

Like Carson said, we would love for you to share your testimony with us in the #christian-growth:member-testimonies Category!

If you want some guidance as you start to write it out, have a look at our Guidelines and Suggestions for Writing Your Testimony and feel free to ask us any questions - we’re here to help and encourage!

In any case, welcome to Connect! We hope you’ll enjoy your time here and learn a lot with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes