Niall Lewis

Hi my name is Niall, I live in Northern Ireland with my wife, three children and dog. I am a touring sound engineer and volunteer speaker for Tearfund, a church based charity tackling extreme poverty. I have joined connect on the back of having recently completed the RZIM Academy core module and wish to continue learning and contributing.

5 Likes

Hi @nalewis74,

Welcome! It is so encouraging to meet you as I’m also passionate about ending extreme poverty. I am joined up with Creating Jobs. Our mission is to co-create thriving businesses and communities and we do this through curriculum that helps entrepreneurs start and grow businesses. I hope we will have the gift of your wisdom and perspective in the discussions in Connect - and be a resource to you as you travel and have questions for us to reflect on.

5 Likes

A big welcome to the serving family Niall.

3 Likes

Hi Carson, That’s fantastic. The big thing on my mind (and heart) at the minute with the toxic political climate in the the UK and elsewhere is how we can encourage a move from enmity, selfishness and division to justice, mercy and humility that will directly impact the poor and marginalised.

4 Likes

That’s a big challenge… I think some of the most important habits for that transformation take place in the family and the local church. By God’s grace, may we be the light that the world is looking for!

4 Likes

I totally agree

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @nalewis74. Congratulations on completing the core module. Blessings to you in your mission in Ireland. Thank you for coming alongside us. Perhaps you could start a category on poverty and some of the questions that arise. I don’t know if you have had an opportunity to read “Urban Apologetics” by Christopher Brooks. I thought it brought up far different type questions that definitely need to be addressed. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome @nalewis74, it’s a blessing to have you here. Your passion inspires me, thank you for your heart :heart: If you have any particular prayer request, please let us know. I trust you will find this a friendly environment to share your experiences in. Take care :pray:t3:

3 Likes