Nicole

Hey so great to be here. I’m excited to learn from and with you all.

I’m from Canada, but have experience in South Asia.

What led you to join Connect? I want to learn & ask questions from those with experience & those that are also seeking answers. I mostly would like to learn how I can best engage my muslim neighbours in spiritual conversations.

How do you hope to contribute? I’ll try to share what I have and am learning & look forward to referring others to this site.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @learningeveryday86. Glad to have you joining from Canada and your experience in South Asia will be helpful here I am sure. I am confident that you will have many opportunities to learn as you hope. Please do participate as others need to hear from you and your experiences. God has certainly given you a plan and a purpose. We are glad that you are part of this forum. God-bless you and your journey.

Welcome Nicole, you are certainly in the right place to learn apologetics to help engage with your neighbors. There is much here on that subject as well as sharing Q&A with everyone. Thank you for joining and may I say your desire to reach the lost is great. Be blessed and safe as you grow in truth.
Mike

2 Likes

Hi @learningeveryday86, it’s great to have you here :slightly_smiling_face: I trust you will find very helpful resources here for engaging Muslims. You can use the search engine, type in “engaging Muslims“ and you are sure to find some conversations to glean from. What I love most, is the tone of respect RZIM sets when engaging other world views.
I’m looking forward to what you may have to share in the way of experiences, thoughts and insight :pray:t3:

2 Likes

@learningeveryday86 Welcome! There is plenty to share here. I, too, want to learn how to reach my muslim neighbors. It is easy to treat them as enemies to be feared. I see a lot of them in Philadelphia, and there are cultural barriers that can only be crossed by the Spirit. I remember sitting across from a woman covered from head to toe on a bus. I could only see her eyes through a slit. I looked her straight in the eye and smiled, and her eyes twinkled back at me. I do not know whether I crossed a culturally inappropriate boundary, but I did not get that sense; and I believe that when the Spirit moves me to do something that does not contradict God’s morality, I should do it. This is the way that I plant seeds. But enough of myself! God bless you!

1 Like