In a message entitled, Living as Sent People, Shawn Hart compared sailing to following Christ. Specifically, he highlighted the importance of having a heart willing to count the cost of following Christ and using God’s word as a navigation plan. As Christians, whether or not we enter the river to sail is not an option, but rather how diligent we are in navigating our ship is.
A few key takeaways from his message are
- the cost we are willing to pay shows how much we value something;
- living as ambassadors means we have been commissioned for a special assignment, represent the sender, and exercise the authority of the sender; and
- the supporting character (us) is not meant to be the main actor (God).
Specifically, his call for Christians to cast away the idol of comfort and self-love has been convicting in my own life. I enjoy Connect’s benefits of Christian fellowship and learning without desiring to adequately sail for Christ, prepared to answer the world’s questions.
I’m curious on y’alls thoughts on this message.
- Did something particular stand out to you?
- What are practical ways you have found useful in sharing what you have learned here on Connect with others?
- How do you prepare your heart to be ready to share with others?